• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The 2A as 'Constitutional Dead Letters' RINF.com Alternative News

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://rinf.com/alt-news/politics/constitutional-dead-letters/4851/

The article is too long for the OCDO attention span, so here is the excerpt on the 2A.

Rodger Roots wrote:
The Second Amendment right to bear arms. Despite the recent Heller decision (which issued a “landmark” ruling that the Amendment protects an individual right), there are still thousands of felons and other persons in federal prison for the mere possession of firearms. No defendant has ever been released from prison or cleared of gun charges in federal court on account of judges recognizing the right to bear arms. The gist of the Heller decision is that the Amendment protects a “reasonable” right to bear government-approved arms so long as you are government-approved. Of course, such a limited and conditional reading of the Second Amendment renders it a dead letter[my emphasis]. The leaders of the American Revolution were themselves accused (and some convicted) felons, and several were notorious criminals (e.g., John Hancock, an accused tax evader and smuggler; John Paul Jones, a twice-indicted murderer who adopted his name as an alias to avoid arrest).
If a felon be properly disbarred his rights then we can all be disarmed under color of law by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony. Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to Obamination is futile. BOG BROTHER is watching.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Isn't this the entire purpose of gun bans? It creates a criminal from a citizen, a right becomes a crime. Then they have an accepted excuse to load us up in the concentration camps, er, I mean, prison system....

Seems that learning how to read is the biggest crime, how dare I be able to see for myself that this government is just one big organized crime syndicate...

compmanio365

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Isn't this the entire purpose of gun bans? It creates a criminal from a citizen, a right becomes a crime. Then they have an accepted excuse to load us up in the concentration camps, er, I mean, prison system....

Seems that learning how to read is the biggest crime, how dare I be able to see for myself that this government is just one big organized crime syndicate...

As it has been throughout history........history repeats and if there's one thing that's absolutely clear in recent days, it's that the idea of "those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it" was absolutely correct.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again, ad nauseam. Prepare to be a footnote in the pages of history gentlemen.....and not a particularly positive footnote at that.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

NPR is about the only adult music transmitter clearly received here. Earlier today I caught an item on a Chinese agency dedicated to compiling modern history and the newsworthy controversy was of what is deemed correct.

We may not even be footnotes, history being written by the victors.

Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to the Obamination is futile. BOG Brother is watching.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Too true. Look how well the Left has rewritten the history books used in the education system it owns and operates. Revisionism is not merely a sad lament, but the cornerstone upon which their movements are based. Indoctrination and falsehood taught under the guise of "Education." Abolish the truths history would teach, and you guarantee that it will repeat. They know only too well what dooms us to repeat history, that's why they do everything in their power to cause it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

[align=center] [/align][align=center]
dumb.gif

postit.gif

[/align][align=center] [font="Arial,Arial,Helvetica"]Barnes and Noble #1 Bestseller
in its History of Education category.
[/font]
[/align]
[align=center] [font="Arial,Arial,Helvetica"]Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt[/font][/align]

[align=center] [font="Arial,Arial,Helvetica"]Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - E Book download is NOW FREE TO ALL!!!
Right click and "Save Link As"
Click here to begin download
File is 6.75 MB
[/font]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align][align=center] Home The Book The Author Reactions Reviews Book Order
Other Orders Radio Interviews ArticlesPDF Downloads Video Clips
[/align]

[align=center] Copyright 2000, All Rights Reserved[/align]

KansasMustang

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

The article is too long for the OCDO attention span, so here is the excerpt on the 2A.

Rodger Roots wrote:
The leaders of the American Revolution were themselves accused (and some convicted) felons, and several were notorious criminals (e.g., John Hancock, an accused tax evader and smuggler; John Paul Jones, a twice-indicted murderer who adopted his name as an alias to avoid arrest).
If a felon be properly disbarred his rights then we can all be disarmed under color of law by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony. Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to Obamination is futile. BOG BROTHER is watching.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
To inform those of you that have only gotten one side of history. John Paul Jones changed his name not because he was a murderer but because his name prior to had been Johnny Paul and he was a deserter from the British navy. Which had interred him in the first place and he jumped ship in the colonies. John Hancock was indeed a tax evader,,and probably was a smuggler, but that was because of the tarrifs imposed by the British. Okay guys let's not cast dispersions on the founders. Trust me, if it comes to it, we may all be considered as criminals before this is all over. What a criminal is in some eyes may be a "Freedom Fighter" in other's.

Thundar

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
NPR is about the only adult music transmitter clearly received here. Earlier today I caught an item on a Chinese agency dedicated to compiling modern history and the newsworthy controversy was of what is deemed correct.

We may not even be footnotes, history being written by the victors.

Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to the Obamination is futile. BOG Brother is watching.

Doug,

What is a BOG? Do you mean Borg?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Rodger Roots wrote:
The leaders of the American Revolution were themselves accused (and some convicted) felons, and several were notorious criminals (e.g., John Hancock, an accused tax evader and smuggler; John Paul Jones, a twice-indicted murderer who adopted his name as an alias to avoid arrest).

To inform those of you that have only gotten one side of history. John Paul Jones changed his name not because he was a murderer but because his name prior to had been Johnny Paul and he was a deserter from the British navy. Which had interred him in the first place and he jumped ship in the colonies. John Hancock was indeed a tax evader,,and probably was a smuggler, but that was because of the tarrifs imposed by the British. Okay guys let's not cast dispersions on the founders. Trust me, if it comes to it, we may all be considered as criminals before this is all over. What a criminal is in some eyes may be a "Freedom Fighter" in other's.
I believe that's the point. If a sick and evil government considered you an enemy, that makes you a champion of good things, the government is the criminal.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

It's true, the founding fathers were all treasonous snakes. The Declaration of Independence was insurrective and inflammatory. Just check out this excerpt from it:

...governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government...
They were talking about overthrowing the government!

I for one thank whatever intelligent designer that may be out there for that EVERY day.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I have pointed this out before and it bears repeating: The pamphlet purporting to explain the Constitution, that is given to visitors by Congressmen and Senators, DISMISSES THE SECOND AMENDMENT AS OBSOLETE!!! How the GPO is allowed to keep printing this garbage is beyond me. Just visit DC and ask for a copy. then tell whatever Congressman gave it to you what you think. (Iadmit I haven't done this with Jim Moran (my - oh my Gawd - congressman, but I may as well talk to a wall)

ANd again I will say that Y'all oughtta look up H.L. Mencken's "translation" of the Declaration of Independence into "American". As best I can remember it starts out:

"WHEN things get so balled-up that the people of one country decides to split off from some other country and go things on their own hook, it is best they explain why they done it to everybody else, so that nobody will think they are trying to put nothing over on nobody". It is a riot.

Apropos to the election, another Mencken quote:

"Democracy is the theory that the Common People know what they want, and deserve to get it - good and hard.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
It's true, the founding fathers were all treasonous snakes. The Declaration of Independence was insurrective and inflammatory. Just check out this excerpt from it:

...governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government...
They were talking about overthrowing the government!

I for one thank whatever intelligent designer that may be out there for that EVERY day.
A Patriot is not a revolutionary attempting to overthrow government. A Patriot is a revolutionary trying to stop the government from overthrowing the people. It's like the saying "you can't rape the willing." You cannot be 'treasonous' toward an entity that is already treasonous itself. Even though it claims to be the legitimate authority and label the Patriot as a criminal. Anyone with the power to loudly claim righteousness while silencing all other voices, will. If The People fail to recognize that action as the beginning of the end, then they have already lost, and should expect to see worse signs to come; disarmament, overtaxation, etc...

Power of governance naturally lies in the hands of the governed. For if the governors had their way, there'd be no one left to govern. Governance, given authority and weapons, results in the annihilation of both parties. The same is not true of a free and armed populace, or, 'anarchy' as those who want to dominate like to call it to make freedom sound bad. Freedom is not anarchy. It is merey the absence of a government large enough to lie and be beleived. The exact size that a government may be and mantain that pballance, is ballanced only by the intelligence and watchfull eye of The People it perpetually seeks to oppress.

Sadly, for us... The government runs the education system, so naturally.... The People are precisely as stupid and ignorant as the oppressors want them to be.

In either disorder or overgovernance/oppression, the primary currency is ammunition. It returns us to the median. And once there, lethargy and disarmament return us to either overgovernance/oppression or disorder.