Thread: Polling criminals...

Post imported post

How difficult would it be to get a new poll of current felons imprisoned in Pa? I am thinking maybe 5-10 questions regarding their feelings about firearms/victims with firearms etc.

Does anyone have any "connections" or way of finding out how hard it would be to get this done? I have read the statistics that say X% of felons polled said....blah blah blah so obviously it has been done in the past.

I am just thinking about something small for now....just to get something more recent for Pa at least.

Feel free to tell me I'm nuts or that it's impossible. I can work with impossible. I was told that it would be impossible for me to debate successfully with Bryan Miller.

Post imported post

I am not sure but my thinking would be to get a list of the prisons that you would want to poll and then contact the Warden of the prisons to see what he can do for you. That would be the way I would go about it if I wanted to do it. Then he should be able to set up interviews with inmates that are willing to participate.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum6/19175.html

You can check out my informal poll

Post imported post

armybrat02 wrote:
    Then he should be able to set up interviews with inmates that are willing to participate.
    I'm thinking that a printed survey would likely be easier to get through, and possibly more time/cost effective. As you're dealing with human "subjects", you might potentially need to clear the survey with an IRB (institutional review board). If you know anybody at a nearby college with experience with survey research, they might be able to help things along.

I'm not sure all that would be necessary, but I'm thinking that a survey that had the blessing of an IRB (and possibly under the umbrella of said institution of higher learning) might have an easier time being approved by the prison bureaucracy (at the cost of submitting to the costs/delays of the research bureaucracy).

Just a thought from a person who used to work in research administration.