Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My radio interview this morning and the question of "are ya packing?"

  1. #1
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    My company is involved in the premier of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace that opens today. Regal Cinemas in Virginia Center Commons is doing a contest for the opening. The theme of the contest is "Live the life of Bond". The winning guy and girl get a tandem skydiving experience, scuba lesson, other goodies and we're donating a onehour shooting lesson.

    I went to the theater this morning to be interviewed on WHAN 1430AM. Its a local Hanover based radio station. The interviewer introduced me and said "are ya packin?". I almost wanted to laugh when he said that. He then made some jokes about target shooting out behind the station in the woods. It was a short 2-3 minute interview but at least I had a chance to plug the business and the fact that more folks are getting concealed carry permits. Off air, we chatted about open carry and concealed carry and he seemed interested in the difference between the two.

    If anyone is looking for something to do, the theater is doing a big promotion today and tomorrow. The British Royal Navy is coming in, along with sky divers and things from the Spy Museum. It should be a nice time.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    My company is involved in the premier of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace that opens today. Regal Cinemas in Virginia Center Commons is doing a contest for the opening. The theme of the contest is "Live the life of Bond". The winning guy and girl get a tandem skydiving experience, scuba lesson, other goodies and we're donating a onehour shooting lesson.

    I went to the theater this morning to be interviewed on WHAN 1430AM. Its a local Hanover based radio station. The interviewer introduced me and said "are ya packin?". I almost wanted to laugh when he said that. He then made some jokes about target shooting out behind the station in the woods. It was a short 2-3 minute interview but at least I had a chance to plug the business and the fact that more folks are getting concealed carry permits. Off air, we chatted about open carry and concealed carry and he seemed interested in the difference between the two.

    If anyone is looking for something to do, the theater is doing a big promotion today and tomorrow. The British Royal Navy is coming in, along with sky divers and things from the Spy Museum. It should be a nice time.
    Is it not true that Regal Cinemas has a very active gun banning policy??


  3. #3
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    My company is involved in the premier of the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace that opens today. Regal Cinemas in Virginia Center Commons is doing a contest for the opening. The theme of the contest is "Live the life of Bond". The winning guy and girl get a tandem skydiving experience, scuba lesson, other goodies and we're donating a onehour shooting lesson.

    I went to the theater this morning to be interviewed on WHAN 1430AM. Its a local Hanover based radio station. The interviewer introduced me and said "are ya packin?". I almost wanted to laugh when he said that. He then made some jokes about target shooting out behind the station in the woods. It was a short 2-3 minute interview but at least I had a chance to plug the business and the fact that more folks are getting concealed carry permits. Off air, we chatted about open carry and concealed carry and he seemed interested in the difference between the two.

    If anyone is looking for something to do, the theater is doing a big promotion today and tomorrow. The British Royal Navy is coming in, along with sky divers and things from the Spy Museum. It should be a nice time.
    Is it not true that Regal Cinemas has a very active gun banning policy??

    I have not looked into whether Regal as a company bans guns. I think we discussed this not too long ago and from what I've seen, it appears to be up to the individual theater. If the company as a whole has an issue with them, I haven't sensed that and I view this as a good opportunity to change their view. Education is key and this is a chance to educate.

    I checked the theater's entrance very carefully and saw no signs barring them. The promotions manager that I'm dealing with has no problem with our donation and only asked that if for some reason I felt a gun was necessary for our display (which its not), that it is "safe". There was no further discussion about it.

    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    VA Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    558

    Post imported post

    The new actor playing Bond is very anti gun. He belives only military and police shouls hve them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    469

    Post imported post

    ProShooter, I went to that theater earlier yesterday afternoon and saw QoS. I saw your table as well. I was wondering what was going on. I was about to ask that too, I'm pretty sure that theater is posted, but I'll have to double check when I go again.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    mercutio545 wrote:
    ProShooter, I went to that theater earlier yesterday afternoon and saw QoS. I saw your table as well. I was wondering what was going on. I was about to ask that too, I'm pretty sure that theater is posted, but I'll have to double check when I go again.
    If it is posted, it must be a secret. I checked all around again yesterday and saw nothing. I'm sure that the promotions manager would have either told me, or not asked us to join in on the eventif it was posted.

    The contest turned out to be none too productivefor Regal. They had a bunch of prizes to give away and not one single person entered the contest! We got some free advertising out of it anyway.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  7. #7
    Newbie W.E.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all over VA, ,
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    I was disappointed with the new Bond movie.

    Plot was thin.

    Characters were not charming or funny.

    I didn't laugh, except to laugh at the absurdity of some of the stunts.

    Seemed like the sole purpose of the movie was to one-up the already way-over-the-top superhuman fight-scenes of the third Bourne movie.

    So, does the next iteration of this drivel involve a rocket implanted in the protagonist's rectum?
    Why not?... I mean it "could happen." :?

    A two-star movie at best.
    See it on video.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    469

    Post imported post

    Eh, I liked it. It was more of a continuation of Casino Royale. For a Bond movie it sucked, but for an action movie it was pretty good. They just saw that people were growing weary of the same old Bond stuff, and wanted to take it in a new direction. As long as it makes money, they'll stick with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •