• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Signs at some Berkeley County offices

Shallnotbeinfringed

imported post

I posted this over at WVCDL.org also, but I figured it has relevance here too. I'm beginning the process of writing a letter to our incoming Sheriff concerning these signs. If anyone in the area wants to collaborate with content suggestions, or wants to add their name to the letter, send me a PM.

( MODS: If there is some restriction about cross-posting on different forums please delete this.)

--- Posted on WVCDL ---

These signs were found in a building that contains many county offices, including County Commissioners, County Tax offices, Fire & Ambulance Board and the Sheriffs office, all of which are on the second floor. The first floor is comprised of Blue Ridge Community College offices, classrooms, etc.

These signs were found on the stairways leading to the second floor as well as at the entrance to every county office I saw (all of which are on the second floor). I could find none on the first floor (community college areas).

I'm not sure who owns the building, it may be the City of Martinsburg, or Berkeley County. I doubt it is owned by the college.

The signs were on plain copy paper, taped to the wall and posted conspicuously.

SSPX0087.jpg

SSPX0088.jpg

The second is most disturbing, apparently we are no longer citizens, somewhere we have become subjects. [/sarcasm]

suntzu

imported post

So the question would be--is this sign legal? And just because you enter a public building does not automatically relinquish your rights as an American citizen...