• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Lets get a Dec meet on the schedule.

I propose Izzy's in Newberg (again) Sat Dec 13th

time: TBD

We have held a meet there before, it's a gun friendly town and Izzy's could use the business as several have closed recently.

Sound off if you can attend and I'll secure reservations based on the number of replies.

DenWin

imported post

SNAP! :banghead: Probably won't be back in town until at least 19/20Dec. Oh well, guess that's the way the military wind blows :p If you can get one for a little later in the month or early January, I'd love to join every one else for one.

Cremator75

imported post

Why would we notify them of legal activities. They are busy enough dealing with crime and illegal activities.

The police have never been called to any gathering I have attended.

grishnav

imported post

CharlesAFerg wrote:
Do you guys notify the local law enforcement agencies of your gathering?

Have you ever had the police called on you?

No, and once, but the "gathering" was just me and one other person, and we hit up trimet which is somewhat unusual for the meets (which are usually just in a restaurant somewhere). Never at any of the normal gatherings at a restaurant. :)

grishnav

imported post

DenWin wrote:
SNAP! :banghead: Probably won't be back in town until at least 19/20Dec. Oh well, guess that's the way the military wind blows :p If you can get one for a little later in the month or early January, I'd love to join every one else for one.
There's a good chance I'll be in town the weekend of the 19th as well.

grishnav

imported post

SetivaSicWood wrote:
if the 19th works better we can do it then. reservations haven't been made yet

I can't promise that I can make the 19th, because I haven't quite discussed Christmas work hours with the boss yet (although now's as good a time as any, so maybe I'll have an update on this soon), but the 19th would be a lot more realistic to catch me on my Christmas trip down here, so...

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

They never seem to be occupied with criminal activity when the criminal activity is US, in their eyes, even though WE are doing nothing wrong.

I'm being cautious, and I live someplace where OCing is severely frowned upon, and I cannot leave my home without fear or even my neighbors calling the police on me for it. Leaving my development, or even getting groceries is absolutely guranteed to have Beaverton PD all over me. At this point, it's unbearable for me to OC alone because I know the police and misinformed or ideological residents will severely hound me for it.

Protests are legal, and it's smart to consult law enforcement beforehand, especially when a group who is armed gathers. It has nothing to do with being legal or not, it's the current view of the general population. I am absolutely for helping educate them, but I could care less about them as long as the police don't come and bother us. THAT scene alone is enough to ruin an outing, and make the entire movement look bad to anybody watching. Isn't this what we're doing? Peacably gathering and in a way, protesting the social norm? It's the BEST WAY that we can possibly achieve our righteous goals, but if the police crash the great gathering, it looks very bad.

I'm very much for doing this, but police intervention should be avoided, because we all know that they cause so much trouble. Isn't that the reason we must band together?

Just a precaution, or even just a thought.
Be open minded about it, you question me as if I'm the enemy.

adamsesq

imported post

I open carry in Beaverton frequently and have never been bothered. But then I am usually in a suit/tie or at least dockers and a button down shirt or polo.

My schedule is somewhat booked for the rest of the year so I am not worth planning around but I will sure make it if at all possible.

-adamsesq

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bump. Do we want to move this out to accomodate more schedules? I'm pretty flexible either way. Was this going to be a dinner or a lunch or... What day/meal is better for everyone?

Ken

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Perhaps so. It's difficult to really pin things down during the holiday rush. If you are all ok with it we could shoot for the first of the new year.

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

adamsesq wrote:
I open carry in Beaverton frequently and have never been bothered. But then I am usually in a suit/tie or at least dockers and a button down shirt or polo.

My schedule is somewhat booked for the rest of the year so I am not worth planning around but I will sure make it if at all possible.

-adamsesq
Please, I would kindly appreciate it if you don't make the assumption that I dress in a manner that attracts unwanted attention. I am always very properly dressed in designer clothing, and am quite a clean cut gentleman. I try my best to look, act, and even smell as I feel I should. Although I don't feel they should be relevant to the conversation, they are relevant to the image we portray in the world. I feel that for my age, I project a more sophisticated, mature image than most guys.
My demeanor reflects a relaxed, confident professionalism, and I don't give people bad eyes, nor do I look even remotely criminal.

I won't hold you to what I personally got out of that statement, but for the record I fit the same stereotypical category as you. You probably didn't intend to come off in the way I perceived, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe I have bad luck. Honestly, I think it has to do with the fact that nobody carries in Beaverton. I have honestly never seen anybody open carrying. Not to say it's wrong, just my experience, as much as I would honestly like it to change. Hence why I try, on occasion.

adamsesq

imported post

I surely did not intend to imply anything about your mode of dress, apologies if it came off that way. :?

Actually what I was trying to say was that my experiences may not be worth much because in a lot of ways I probably look like a detective so people usually leave me alone.

I wonder why the differences in Beaverton then?

-adamsesq