Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Dinner?

Post imported post

In the last several months many organization have gathered at a picnics or restaurants to raise awareness about the local laws, and there rights. I was wondering if we would be able to organize a local get together for such an event.

Just Curious

Kieran

Post imported post

That is a very good idea. Thereis plenty of ambiguity in gun laws (as well as other laws by the way) and how they being enforced in different communities. However before first meeting is called the agenda and goals of the gathering/movement/initiative should be defined, otherwise it becomes just an excuse for CT gun ownersget together and vent (not a bad idea, BTW).

Post imported post

Count me in.

Post imported post

me too!!

Post imported post

I would be interested in a get together

Post imported post

I'm In most definitely. Keep the posts up!

Post imported post

Just giving this a bump to keep people interested.

Post imported post

Saw this while on the net late last nite....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpB4jj1FXeA

Keep this post going....Jpierce was there!

Banned

Post imported post

srage10 wrote:
    Just giving this a bump to keep people interested.

Maybe we should actually pick a date, time, and place. That might keep people interested. This is the second time a meet idea has come up, but we never follow through.

Anyone have ideas?

Post imported post

My suggestion would be doing it in a town that has resident state troopers. Staties usually know the laws better. Small town cops will kick the door of the restaurant in and have usall on the groung being tasered.

Also, a guy I know in Virginia does this and they always call the local PD to inform them. They still have to respond to any disturbance call to that location but wont come in with guns drawn because a waitress told them the place if full ofarmed men, HURRY!

Post imported post

Based off the city names from the posts in this thread, it seems like Waterbury would be central to people (if you disagree, perhaps you need to add your town to your profile!). Anyone have suggestions of places in that area? I don't get around to Waterbury too much.

Banned

Post imported post

srage10 wrote:
    Based off the city names from the posts in this thread, it seems like Waterbury would be central to people (if you disagree, perhaps you need to add your town to your profile!). Anyone have suggestions of places in that area? I don't get around to Waterbury too much.

What better place for an open carry meet than the ghetto? lol

I agree with AGust, doing it somewhere where it's going to be more accepted is a better idea. I'd suggest something in those east and west, northern corners of the state everyone forgets exist. Mid-sized towns are going to have a misinformed police force and larger towns are going to have an unnecessary SWAT team that finally finds a way to pass their afternoon. There's also an excessively long drive for everyone, so no one will feel left out. lol

Post imported post

woodbury i believe they have resident troopers...thats kinda near waterbury no?? oxford area?????? shoot idk....I'm From Hamden and i kno this aint a good place for it....We should really post a purpose also....I mean it could just be a coook out or a restaurant meeting. ....im down for good food and meetin new folks!

Banned

Post imported post

Jcordero1015 wrote:
    woodbury i believe they have resident troopers...thats kinda near waterbury no?? oxford area?????? shoot idk....I'm From Hamden and i kno this aint a good place for it....We should really post a purpose also....I mean it could just be a coook out or a restaurant meeting. ....im down for good food and meetin new folks!

Yea it doesn't have to be an in-your-face with our guns meet. I don't see anything wrong with just going to meet everyone. As I sat at a nasty Chinese buffet tonight I thought, "Hey this would be a great place for a meet! You could walk in here with a machete and these people would just ask what you want to drink." lol

Post imported post

i am way up on the mass border..but i will make the drive!

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    srage10 wrote:

What better place for an open carry meet than the ghetto? lol

I agree with AGust, doing it somewhere where it's going to be more accepted is a better idea. I'd suggest something in those east and west, northern corners of the state everyone forgets exist. Mid-sized towns are going to have a misinformed police force and larger towns are going to have an unnecessary SWAT team that finally finds a way to pass their afternoon. There's also an excessively long drive for everyone, so no one will feel left out. lol
    Yeah I figured I would catch some @#$% for Waterbury but posted it anyway. Just trying to be diplomatic.

How about in Bantam? I don't think they even have a resident trooper, I think it's all handled out of Troop L for them. In terms of places, I would suggest http://www.woodspitbbq.com/ . Yes, I know BBQ and Mexican sounds strange but trust me the food is excellent.

Post imported post

Works for me

Post imported post

Anyone else want to chime in on a suggestion, before we move on to picking a date?

Post imported post

I don't think you will find many State Police from Troop L that are aware that open carry is legal. You may want to invite Attorney Baird along too. She is from that area and would provide a good witness to any chance of police harrasment.

Post imported post

Feel free to suggest something else. Otherwise, I suggest we keep pushing forward.

As mentioned earlier since this is the first get together, it can be just a meet and greet. Save the guns in public time for the spring with a nice BBQ somewhere.

Post imported post

count me in. . .really no extra suggestions as to were. I mean if everyone feels comfortable with that spot then fine by me

Post imported post

Nothing wrong with it. Bohemian Pizza in Litchfield is another nice place. Was just giving you a heads up if you were thinking that State Police knew any better then local police what the laws are.

Post imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
    I don't think you will find many State Police from Troop L that are aware that open carry is legal. You may want to invite Attorney Baird along too. She is from that area and would provide a good witness to any chance of police harrasment.
    For all that Attorney Baird has done she should eat for free. I love BBQ myself, perhaps we can get a contingent from lower FFLD county to come on up if it works out.

Post imported post

So why don't we plan on the BBQ place during the 3rd or 4th week of January. That will get people that are waiting on permits some time and let the holidays be spent with family

Post imported post

most definitely agreed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast