• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner?

Fritter60

imported post

In the last several months many organization have gathered at a picnics or restaurants to raise awareness about the local laws, and there rights. I was wondering if we would be able to organize a local get together for such an event.

Just Curious

Kieran

Lazarus142

imported post

That is a very good idea. Thereis plenty of ambiguity in gun laws (as well as other laws by the way) and how they being enforced in different communities. However before first meeting is called the agenda and goals of the gathering/movement/initiative should be defined, otherwise it becomes just an excuse for CT gun ownersget together and vent (not a bad idea, BTW).

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

srage10 wrote:
Just giving this a bump to keep people interested.

Maybe we should actually pick a date, time, and place. That might keep people interested. This is the second time a meet idea has come up, but we never follow through.

Anyone have ideas?

AGust82

imported post

My suggestion would be doing it in a town that has resident state troopers. Staties usually know the laws better. Small town cops will kick the door of the restaurant in and have usall on the groung being tasered.

Also, a guy I know in Virginia does this and they always call the local PD to inform them. They still have to respond to any disturbance call to that location but wont come in with guns drawn because a waitress told them the place if full ofarmed men, HURRY!

srage10

imported post

Based off the city names from the posts in this thread, it seems like Waterbury would be central to people (if you disagree, perhaps you need to add your town to your profile!). Anyone have suggestions of places in that area? I don't get around to Waterbury too much.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

srage10 wrote:
Based off the city names from the posts in this thread, it seems like Waterbury would be central to people (if you disagree, perhaps you need to add your town to your profile!). Anyone have suggestions of places in that area? I don't get around to Waterbury too much.

What better place for an open carry meet than the ghetto? lol

I agree with AGust, doing it somewhere where it's going to be more accepted is a better idea. I'd suggest something in those east and west, northern corners of the state everyone forgets exist. Mid-sized towns are going to have a misinformed police force and larger towns are going to have an unnecessary SWAT team that finally finds a way to pass their afternoon. There's also an excessively long drive for everyone, so no one will feel left out. lol

Jcordero1015

imported post

woodbury i believe they have resident troopers...thats kinda near waterbury no?? oxford area?????? shoot idk....I'm From Hamden and i kno this aint a good place for it....We should really post a purpose also....I mean it could just be a coook out or a restaurant meeting. ....im down for good food and meetin new folks!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Jcordero1015 wrote:
woodbury i believe they have resident troopers...thats kinda near waterbury no?? oxford area?????? shoot idk....I'm From Hamden and i kno this aint a good place for it....We should really post a purpose also....I mean it could just be a coook out or a restaurant meeting. ....im down for good food and meetin new folks!

Yea it doesn't have to be an in-your-face with our guns meet. I don't see anything wrong with just going to meet everyone. As I sat at a nasty Chinese buffet tonight I thought, "Hey this would be a great place for a meet! You could walk in here with a machete and these people would just ask what you want to drink." lol

srage10

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
srage10 wrote:

What better place for an open carry meet than the ghetto? lol

I agree with AGust, doing it somewhere where it's going to be more accepted is a better idea. I'd suggest something in those east and west, northern corners of the state everyone forgets exist. Mid-sized towns are going to have a misinformed police force and larger towns are going to have an unnecessary SWAT team that finally finds a way to pass their afternoon. There's also an excessively long drive for everyone, so no one will feel left out. lol
Yeah I figured I would catch some @#$% for Waterbury but posted it anyway. Just trying to be diplomatic.

How about in Bantam? I don't think they even have a resident trooper, I think it's all handled out of Troop L for them. In terms of places, I would suggest http://www.woodspitbbq.com/ . Yes, I know BBQ and Mexican sounds strange but trust me the food is excellent.

JUMPMASTER

imported post

I don't think you will find many State Police from Troop L that are aware that open carry is legal. You may want to invite Attorney Baird along too. She is from that area and would provide a good witness to any chance of police harrasment.

srage10

imported post

Feel free to suggest something else. Otherwise, I suggest we keep pushing forward.

As mentioned earlier since this is the first get together, it can be just a meet and greet. Save the guns in public time for the spring with a nice BBQ somewhere.