• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner?

JUMPMASTER

imported post

Nothing wrong with it. Bohemian Pizza in Litchfield is another nice place. Was just giving you a heads up if you were thinking that State Police knew any better then local police what the laws are.

GoldCoaster

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
I don't think you will find many State Police from Troop L that are aware that open carry is legal. You may want to invite Attorney Baird along too. She is from that area and would provide a good witness to any chance of police harrasment.
For all that Attorney Baird has done she should eat for free. I love BBQ myself, perhaps we can get a contingent from lower FFLD county to come on up if it works out.

Fritter60

imported post

So why don't we plan on the BBQ place during the 3rd or 4th week of January. That will get people that are waiting on permits some time and let the holidays be spent with family

uskrusader

imported post

Merry Christmas everyone,

I'm new to this forum but am very interested in spreading the word of OC'ing. The BBQ is too far for me, but if there is any intereston the other side of CT.....please reply!! I'd love tosee an open carry event in eastern CT. I'd gladly help get this organized.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

uskrusader wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone,

I'm new to this forum but am very interested in spreading the word of OC'ing. The BBQ is too far for me, but if there is any intereston the other side of CT.....please reply!! I'd love tosee an open carry event in eastern CT. I'd gladly help get this organized.

Ledyard? Hell yea, let's go to Mohegan. Granted that wouldn't be an any type of carry event, but hey it'd be a good time.

TheLoversWife

imported post

So, is there going to bea meeting/dinner anywhere? I just joined this forum, and don't have my permit yet, but the hubby does. Would be interested if you guys are getting together.

uskrusader

imported post

TheLoversWife wrote:
So, is there going to bea meeting/dinner anywhere? I just joined this forum, and don't have my permit yet, but the hubby does. Would be interested if you guys are getting together.

Welcome aboard!! Things on this forum can run alittle slow.....so I think we need to plan weeks or months out....especially if we plan on OCing anywhere in CT. We must consider methods and risk factors.....I don't want to get arrested or lose my permit. For now.....I'm just trying to generate interest...(for me, in eastern CT)

Are you getting a permit? If you need a NRA pistol course...I may be able to help you out.

TheLoversWife

imported post

Thanks for the update...and offer. I have already had my NRA course in Dec., but took a little while to get birth cert (from TN), and had everything ready, but I live in Stratford, so when I called to make fingerprint appt, I was told Apr 7. You can see that whole discussion on another thread on here. Basically I think I am stuck until Stratford wants to process the permit.

So for now I am just going to the range with the hubby, and being able to shoot 'his' pistols that will be mine one day (hopefully)!

uskrusader

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
So that's four of us in Stratford that I know of now. There's me, GunownerJoe and you guys. We should carpool up to the BBQ place.

Did someone lock down a date for this event? It's still kinda far for me....but if I can swing it...I will.

Cheers,

USP

imported post

Im always ready to practice my rights as a citizen of the United States of America "THE LAND OF THE FREE" I also got advice from a member whos brother is a lawyer and he said we should get a signed doc. from DPS stating that open carry is legal.. The cant by law say it is illegal and if enough people show up they would have a hard time turning us away as long as we didnt open carry into the building.. Bring one doc that says Is open carry legal to sign and one that says it is illegal they have to sign one and they cant sign the one that is not true.. Its a thought so if we do have a get together no matter where it is they cant stop us. Or arrest us like they did to Goldberg no matter who feels uncomfortable its our right.

Fritter60

imported post

I plan on calling the place we pick to give the owner a heads up as to witch day we pick. I've called the BBQ place and he was ok with the idea of an open carry dinner. He just asked me to give him a heads up so he could inform the staff. I thought that was fair.

PRO2ND

imported post

Hi. I just saw this. I was not on in some time. I know that BBQ place. I live south of there. I will watch for a date and if I am around I will come along. I do some travel with my job. I leave out this Sunday for a week or maybe two.

uskrusader

imported post

I will post a new topic concerning this in the CT forum.

I suggest we have a meeting of like-minded folks in Newington, CT. I suggest Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because Sean Hannity has told me to go there for years and I've never been.:D Furthermore, I suggest Monday, 16 Feb 09 (President's Day) at 1800hrs. Newington is central CT, and I love to gun shop there!

I DO NOT intend this to be an Open Carry event. I personally am not ready to risk my permit yet.....perhaps in the future as I learn more about how to do this without the potential of causing mass hysteria.

I intend this to be a meeting of folks interested in planning future open carry events, and/or creating a group of like minded law-abiding, gun toting patriots! (ie CT Defense League or something).

Please respond if you're interested!!

I look forward to meeting you all!