• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner?

Fritter60

imported post

What gun shops do you go to up here? I personally have never had a good experience at Newington Gun Exchange. I wouldn't mind the place you mentioned, but I had intended for it to be an open carry. To achieve the not losing our permits we were getting the ok from the owner before going to the place. Having said that I do not want people to feel pressured into open carrying. Only do what your comfortable with, I have opened carried at places like the Westfarms Mall as well as other places and have no problem doing so.

uskrusader

imported post

Fritter60 wrote:
What gun shops do you go to up here? I personally have never had a good experience at Newington Gun Exchange. I wouldn't mind the place you mentioned, but I had intended for it to be an open carry. To achieve the not losing our permits we were getting the ok from the owner before going to the place. Having said that I do not want people to feel pressured into open carrying. Only do what your comfortable with, I have opened carried at places like the Westfarms Mall as well as other places and have no problem doing so.
Bad luck at the Exchange?? wow. I usually browse at Hoffman's then get a better deal for the same item at the Newgtn Exchange.

OCing is fine by me of course... I'm simply not comfortable organizing an "open carry event" yet.....meaning the sole purpose of the event being "open carry". But if ppl want to OC at Ruth's Chris or Hops when we meet...all the power to em!! Perhaps they (you) will embolden me to do the same.

I just want to get a meet and greet organized quickly to get the balls rolling....I didn't want to stress about talking to managers, DPS, troopers, media, etc etc... I figured we'd start low-key....and then discuss future events and organizing.

For example, I'd love to see OC BBQ parties around CT in the summer... organized by the future "CT Citizen's Defense League"or something similar.

GoldCoaster

imported post

uskrusader wrote:
Fritter60 wrote:
Bad luck at the Exchange?? wow. I usually browse at Hoffman's then get a better deal for the same item at the Newgtn Exchange.

OCing is fine by me of course... I'm simply not comfortable organizing an "open carry event" yet.....meaning the sole purpose of the event being "open carry". But if ppl want to OC at Ruth's Chris or Hops when we meet...all the power to em!! Perhaps they (you) will embolden me to do the same.

I just want to get a meet and greet organized quickly to get the balls rolling....I didn't want to stress about talking to managers, DPS, troopers, media, etc etc... I figured we'd start low-key....and then discuss future events and organizing.

For example, I'd love to see OC BBQ parties around CT in the summer... organized by the future "CT Citizen's Defense League"or something similar.
Even if you call it an "Open carry" dinner that doesn't mean that everyone would have to open carry as a requirement to attend. If a person is comfortable with open carrying then that's good, but if you attend with a concealed carry, or no carry at all that should be fine too. It's about putting faces to names/handles and generally getting to know each other outside of our online persona.

Am I off base here?

PRO2ND

imported post

Even if you call it an "Open carry" dinner that doesn't mean that everyone would have to open carry as a requirement to attend. If a person is comfortable with open carrying then that's good, but if you attend with a concealed carry, or no carry at all that should be fine too. It's about putting faces to names/handles and generally getting to know each other outside of our online persona.

Am I off base here?

This sounds good to me.

uskrusader

imported post

Amen brothers....

Meet and Greet, OC if you have the balls to do it.... perhaps I simply need to meet others with ballsbefore I grow a pair.

So is President's Day good? or is another day preferred?

Fritter60

imported post

Alright so if we plan on Presidents Day, Feb 16th who could attened and at which location. Im trying to to get a head count and see where more people who would be coming could get to? If it's in the Newington area I think Hops might be the choice, with the priceses being a little more friendly or its the BBQ place? Which place could more people make it to on Feb 16th

uskrusader

imported post

Fritter60 wrote:
Alright so if we plan on Presidents Day, Feb 16th who could attened and at which location. Im trying to to get a head count and see where more people who would be coming could get to? If it's in the Newington area I think Hops might be the choice, with the priceses being a little more friendly or its the BBQ place? Which place could more people make it to on Feb 16th

Well I'm definately planning something for Newington....which is why I created a newthread called "Meeting of opencarry.orgers from CT". I did not wish to take away from this thread or the previous BBQ event.

The previously discussed BBQ event was simply out of my range distance-wise. But I'll do my best to attend that one as well....whever dates/plans are locked in.

Fritter60

imported post

This thread and the opencarry.orgers thread have basicly mereged and it seems like Feb 16th at Hops on the Berling Turnpike in Newington is the best choice. Come on out and meet everyone. Have a good time and great food:celebrate

Kateryn

imported post

My husband and I just recently found out about this site and I wanted to find out how the dinner went and if there are any future ones planned.