• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little clarification please

LcCPL fatherdeath

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Do they teach Marines where to find the shift key and the period? Sorry, I meant dot, not period. :p

By the way, just kidding! From a Soldier to a Marine, thank you for your service!

What were you going to ask about your Beretta and KaBar? I would like to compliment my Glock with a nice dagger.
Yeah I know But it was late night and I felt lazy Also i was never very good at grammar:?

TOF

imported post

LcCPL fatherdeath wrote:
It only talks about firearms so if they dont prohibit it then Im good....

I know cali they have laws against carrying a knife and what Ive heard they categorize just about every knife illegal un less so-n-so has a ccw

If you read a bit more you will find reference to pocket knife being legal. I have been looking for the definitive statement but have not gotten there yet.

The appropriate Statutes are in Title13 of Arizona Revised Statutes.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?Title=13

I am going to let you do the digging but will add that concealed Butterfly knifes and or Automatic knifes will get you in trouble. I believe the maximum blade length to be considered a Pocket Knife is 4 inches.

protector84

imported post

There are no knife laws in the Arizona Revised Statutes but you are welcome to look for them. The Weapons and Explosives section does refer to the term "deadly weapon" andbasically defines it as a device designed for lethal use. You won't find anywhere in the statutes where blade length requirements are listed because there aren't any knife laws. What this means is that such interpretation is left up to the courts to decide and it is possible a ruling was made about which knives would be considered deadly weapons and which ones aren't. Since the interpretation would be left up to the officer followed by a judge, it is my opinion that anyone should use good judgment when carrying any type of weapon. If you have a switchblade or fairly large knife and lack a CCW permit then you should carry it openly either in a visible holster or with the clip plainly visible. Obviously if you havea CCW permit then your carry method is irrelevant as long as you aren't running around with it threatening people. That aside it really doesn't matter wheter you have a 1" pocket knife or a 3' sword but just watch how you carry it around in public.

Dashes

imported post

LcCPL fatherdeath wrote:
sorry its not clear

is it legit to carry a concealed knife with an oc pistol
ARS 13-3102

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation;

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster which holster is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons which scabbard or case is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

curtm1911

imported post

In Arizona, it is a Concealed Weapons Permit. My intructors ( Both lawyers BTW ) informed us that you can carry most any type of weapon, excluding Prohibited Weapons; IE Nunchuks for example, but then also told us you could carry your Rifle/Shotgun concealed if you want to, but expect to be questioned about it. As far as knives went, any fixed blade carried can be concidered illegal unless you have the permit or it is visible and in a sheath IIRC