• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BBQ in Traverse CIty MI

discerningshootist

imported post

I would like to host a OC BBQ in Traverse City on December 6th at 2pm. I just opened The Discerning Shootist, a retail store with self defense/concealed carry as its main focus. I am providing the food, but any help with reachihng out to people would be greatly appreciated. Please RSVP.
The BBQ will be held at my store, I have lots of room, and it is a family friendly atmosphere.
I am located at 721 Woodmere Ave, Traverse CIty,49686.
My number is 231.932.1559.

PS I am new to OC.org, as well as blogging, please be gentle.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
I would like to host a OC BBQ in Traverse City on December 6th at 2pm. I just opened The Discerning Shootist, a retail store with self defense/concealed carry as its main focus. I am providing the food, but any help with reachihng out to people would be greatly appreciated. Please RSVP.
The BBQ will be held at my store, I have lots of room, and it is a family friendly atmosphere.
I am located at 721 Woodmere Ave, Traverse CIty,49686.
My number is 231.932.1559.

PS I am new to OC.org, as well as blogging, please be gentle.

Welcome to OCDO Shootist.

I will create an OC Event in the Michigan Event Schedule Thread if you like.

Link: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

This would be a great opportunity to spread the word on OC. If I remember correctly (IIRC), Venator was hoping to have an OC event in TC. However, as much as I appreciate the offer, I would not be able to attend. For me, it's a 400 mile, 7 hour round trip...A bit much for me.

Stay tuned, other MOC (Michigan Open Carry) members will be chiming in soon.

Again, welcome.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Open carry is welcomed, and encouraged. SpringerXDacp, thanks for the h
Shootist, would you like to be the MOC Host of this event or would you like someone else to assume this position?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

No worries. Any hints on notifying local LE?
Invite them if you wish but no need to notify. Have you contacted your local newspaper/radio/tv/etc about the grand opening? They are the ones to contact for this (Grand Opening & OC Event).

CaptBW

imported post

This is excellent news. But (always a but) I will be out of state on 06 December. Hopefully the next event fits my calendar.

I will definitely check out your new business.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I can help out. I have a power point talk if you can get a projector for a computer that I would be happy to give. I can also have so brochures and maybe some MOC buttons (If they are done). I can also help with any media or press releases. PM me if you would like help.

PS, Springer put me down as an attendee.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Also remembered my brother knows some TC radio talk show hosts and I can do a interview on OC. I was going to save the interview for the summer meeting I'm planning, but I can do it for this event.

discerningshootist

imported post

Venator wrote:
I can help out. I have a power point talk if you can get a projector for a computer that I would be happy to give. I can also have so brochures and maybe some MOC buttons (If they are done). I can also help with any media or press releases. PM me if you would like help.

PS, Springer put me down as an attendee.
Sounds good. I didn't plan on any presentations, but I like it! I will see if I can beg/borrow a projector. I know nothing about it, what do I need to look for in a projector?