Thread: Concealed carry on Univercity Washington Campus

Post imported post

I have been reading some previous postings on this subject, and also looking a the RCW 9:41. I have to travel from Bremerton over to the Stadium for a football game, which brings in another question. Because a football game is a school sponsord event, would it be a problem to concealed carry there?

Post imported post

It probably would. But remember.....concealed.

Post imported post

First, I recommend you read the entire statute for the definition of "school" I don't think it applies to higher education institutions.

Once you have that definition, then you might want to ask your question again.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

You would have better luck if you posted this in the Washington State section. As far as concealing a firearm on UW campus, legally you can. The WAC rules for the university were written for students, not the general public. If they do catch you with a firearm, they will probably tell you to leave it in the car or else they will issue you a trespass warning.

State Researcher

Post imported post

First off, spell check is your friend... Second the WAC's apply only to students and at best can only carry a civil penalty, but since you are not a student it would not apply to you.