• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone browsing here a laywer or have a friend/family member as one?

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

I can't seem to google a example of a Declaration of Status. I'm not sure how i would go about writing this.

Also if i wanted to request a public servant's acceptance of oaths of office and constitution how would i do this? simply go to the courthouse and request it?

Also a motion to dismiss.

adamsesq

imported post

mrbiggles wrote:
I can't seem to google a example of a Declaration of Status. I'm not sure how i would go about writing this.

Also if i wanted to request a public servant's acceptance of oaths of office and constitution how would i do this? simply go to the courthouse and request it?

Although I did not sleep at any motel last night IAAL. That said I am not YOUR lawyer and I would generally not advise taking legal advice over the internet (including from google.)

1 - I have never heard of a Declaration of Status.

2 - You need to check outhow to make a Freedom of Information Act request. But not all public servant's take an oath. But whatever is available for whatever office you are wondering about can be obtained with a FOIA request.

3 - A bitvague. Kind of like asking "tell me about a car..." It dependsgreatly on what the action is, what the conditions of dismissal are, who is paying costs, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, not much help I guess.

-adamsesq

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

adamsesq wrote:
mrbiggles wrote:

Although I did not sleep at any motel last night IAAL. That said I am not YOUR lawyer and I would generally not advise taking legal advice over the internet (including from google.)

1 - I have never heard of a Declaration of Status.

2 - You need to check outhow to make a Freedom of Information Act request. But not all public servant's take an oath. But whatever is available for whatever office you are wondering about can be obtained with a FOIA request.

3 - A bitvague. Kind of like asking "tell me about a car..." It dependsgreatly on what the action is, what the conditions of dismissal are, who is paying costs, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, not much help I guess.

-adamsesq
Thanks for the reply. I'll be more descriptive.

a declaration of status is just a sworn statement of who you are. They are used for child custody and divorce crap w/ kids involved is what i hear.

I'm basically going to use it to declare myself a sovereign (citing Yick Wo v. Hopkins, Sheriff, etc)

what i'm trying to do is file a affidavit of truth and hope the prosecutor doesn't respond and defaults. then i'll file a motion to dismiss due to me being a sovereign.

grishnav

imported post

I like this strategy much, although I doubt you'll have a lot of success...

Mind if I ask what you are dismissing? Feel free to tell me where to shove it if it's a private matter, but I can't help but be curious...

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

grishnav wrote:
I like this strategy much, although I doubt you'll have a lot of success...

Mind if I ask what you are dismissing? Feel free to tell me where to shove it if it's a private matter, but I can't help but be curious...

well i probably don't need to do this, but i'd like to do as many things as possible.

here is what happened.

i parked downtown, paid my street parking tax. put it on the window.

came back 2 hours later. parking ticket.

i still have my parking receipt, showing what time i was good for. basically i got the thing from ~10.00am to ~12.00am. the ticket was written at 11:24am. obviously i still had time, i don't have the parking receipt and ticket right in front of me.

so i basically got a ticket for no reason, i paid my tax and still got one.

now i have to go to the hell hole downtown portland courthouse a bunch of times.

and to top it off, you have to pay the ticket before you can go to trial. which is illegal and i have the case right here that says so. (Mattila v. Mason 287 Or. 235 598 P.2d 675)

basically says you do not have to pay the bail or ticket fine before you have a court date.

when i went to the traffic/ticket court i asked the judge to see the evidence against me before i made a plea. he said the only evidence was the ticket issued by the meter maid. So i believe it should be dismissed anyways, but i might use this strategy for future reference in traffic/civil cases.

the only thing i can think of is that the parking receipt fell off my window because i do not remember if i picked it up or pulled it off the window. because i didn't see the ticket on the windshield until after i had my parking receipt in my hand. If the meter maid has pictures of my car w/ the ticket on the seat or some bullshit because it fell off i'll ask the judge for summary dismissal because i did not receive the evidence against me before trial as i requested.

but the bottom line is that i have the receipt and the ticket and i had covered my time.