• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would this be considered opencarry in VA?

jwidman

imported post

So I saw this holster and I am think of buying it....would it be considered opencarry since thegun is still partially visible?

lowrider.jpg

mobeewan

imported post

As long as you tuck all your outer clothing (including coat)between your side and the pistol it will be okay. I have a similar leather holster I use to conceal carry and open carry. Depending on how hot the weather is sometimes I willjust tuck the entire holster under the belt only with the metal retention clip over the belt as usual for open or concealed carry.

VAopencarry

imported post

18.2.308 ........a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

If this does not apply then it is open.

paramedic70002

imported post

Sigh... The weapon is visible, the holster is concealed.

If it will make you feel better, go on down to the General District Court and ask for a "Half Concealed Weapon Permit."

That's a joke, in case you were wondering.

Glock27Bill

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I know that holster!

Thats the Rocketman IWB - I have one for my G23 and I LOVE IT! I recommend RM holsters to everyone.

I'm sure that you will enjoy it too.

Jim

Thanks for that reply.

I've been looking for an IWB for my G27, I just ordered one of these.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I know that holster!

Thats the Rocketman IWB - I have one for my G23 and I LOVE IT! I recommend RM holsters to everyone.

I'm sure that you will enjoy it too.

Jim

Thanks for that reply.

I've been looking for an IWB for my G27, I just ordered one of these.

It fits so well that you will forget that you are even carrying it. Enjoy!