• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EVERYONE LOOK

VaGunTrader

imported post

Admin, please keep this here in the VIRGINIA section. I want to test this with the Virginia Open Carry members only. THANKS !!

I'm testing a trail version of this same forum software this site uses to host a VIRGINIA ONLY firearms buy/sell/trade forum.

PLEASE take a look and tell me what you think.

LETS KEEP IT TO OURSELVES FOR NOW ..... THANKS !!

http://freetrial.mywowbb.com/

VAopencarry

imported post

trx680 wrote:
One member asked that I change the name of the forum for the assault rifle (AR15,AK47) forum. I renamed it SPORTING rifles.
Why in the world are you worried about being PC? Who the F calls them Sporting rifles? Might as well go ahead and remove the picture of the AR while you are at it. That's my opinion and worth nothing. It's your deal, run it as you see fit.

That being said, I think there are way too many categories. Could easily get away with 4-5.

nova

imported post

How about "Evil Black Rifles" (EBR) that's what they call them on AFCOM :)

VaGunTrader

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
trx680 wrote:
One member asked that I change the name of the forum for the assault rifle (AR15,AK47) forum. I renamed it SPORTING rifles.
Why in the world are you worried about being PC? Who the F calls them Sporting rifles? Might as well go ahead and remove the picture of the AR while you are at it. That's my opinion and worth nothing. It's your deal, run it as you see fit.

That being said, I think there are way too many categories. Could easily get away with 4-5.

Thats what I've been waiting for !! Someone who will speak him mind about my forum ...thanks !! I started off calling them assault rifles because I think thats what most people call them. Sporting rifles doesnt sound so bad, after all they are fun to shoot and they arent reallyhunting rifles.

So what else should I call them ... Military style rifles? Semi-auto something-or-another rifle? How about soon-to-be-banned-by-Obama rifles.

I agree that there may be a lot of catagories but I wanted to seperate the pump shotguns from the double barell shotguns and the revolvers from the semi-auto pistols.I guess I could scale back some on the WANT TO BUT section and eliminate the different sub-catagories.

KEEP BRINGING ON THE SUGGESTIONS.........I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE !!

AND SOMEONE LIST A GUN FOR SALE OR A GUN THEY ARE LOOKING TO BUY.

THANKS ALL !!

VaGunTrader

imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
I agree with VAopencarry. IMHO, it's waaaay too many categories, which means it's too confusing.Where do I sell my SPAS-12? In the pump or the auuto shotguns sections? Or my Savage .22/.410 O/U combination? Can I sell my Browing .30-06 autoloader in the "sporting rifles" section or the semi-auto? And what about my Remingotn R-15 VTR?

You want honest opinions, right? Here's mine:If I was looking to buy or sell a gun online, your site (as designed)would be almost the last I'd consider because it's so confusing and involved. If you're serious about it, I'd say six to seven sub-forums at the most...WTS/WTB handguns, WTS/WTB rifles, WTS/WTB shotguns, etc.. Or better yet, how about how about three sub-forums: WTB firearms, WTS firearms, WTB/WTS accessories.

My .02

OK, I'm going to trim it down !! Glad more people are chiming in and giving some input !!

Keep it coming !!!!!:celebrate

How much you want for your .410/.22 ?

eyesopened

imported post

Still too many categories IMO. Make 1 WTB section and then have subcategories for Pistols/Rifles/NFA/Accessories. I don't think you want to have too many as some of the categories might not have much traffic to warrant having it's own category. IMO, it's better to start off with fewer categories and branch off when necessary (KISS mentality)

eyesopened

imported post

How about having a section listing For Sale and Want to buy, then having subcategories underneath. Like below:

For Sale

• Handgun
  • Long Guns (Shotgun/Rifle)
  • NFA (SBR/AOW/Suppressors/Machine Guns)
  • Accessories (Holster, knives, flashlights, etc.)
  • Ammo
Want to buy

• Handgun
  • Ammo

VaGunTrader

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
How about having a section listing For Sale and Want to buy, then having subcategories underneath. Like below:

For Sale

• Handgun
  • Ammo
Want to buy

• Handgun
  • Ammo

damn good idea...takea look now! I did seperate the rifles and shotguns

look http://freetrial.mywowbb.com/

darthmord

imported post

Current format isn't bad at all. Easy to navigate and very self-explanatory. Those are two of the hallmarks of a good site.

I like it.

My only complaint... lack of content. C'mon, where's the stuff for sale? :p