• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suceed from the Union

Makarov

imported post

I believe there should be a nation wide push to separate from the union if any Gun control is introduced by Congress. Imagine if Ohio said this along with the growing number of other states. This would send a clear signal to Congress, don't mess with any gun control.

PT111

imported post

I thought that had already been tried once with disasterous results. Almost 150 years later and we are still being punished for it much more than Japan is for bombing Pearl Harbor.

tito887

imported post

I think gun control is only the tip of the iceberg. With the increased power that the federal government is taking for itself there are multiple reasons to break up this disastrous union. I'm all for it. I just prefer to do it without any violence.

Legba

imported post

You will recall that the "army of the west" that laid waste to much of Dixie the last time this was tried was made up largely ofOhioboys, as were Grant and Sherman themselves... This is possibly the wrong sub-forum for revisiting this question. I also somehow doubt there'd be a general amnesty afterwards if anyone tried it again and failed.

-ljp

Kungfu

imported post

All I can say is those who didnt learn from the first AWB apparently didnt pay attention and are now freaking out because all the supplies are gone. If anyone doesnt think its coming, they're kidding themselves. Buy your high caps for the guns you have now....and I dont mean just a couple of extras, I mean double what you think you'll need because this might be "it" and I mean no more high caps ever. We've got a leftist about to move into the White House and he's going to slap Executive Orders out. There's a reason just one distributor sold 10,000 AR15's in one single day out west....and there's a reason everyone is out of everything AW and high-cap....the sun is setting on what some of us believe is our fundamental right merely out of how some people think a gun is more dangerous because of its cosmetic appearance or how many rounds amagazine will hold. I'm just saying....if you havnt already....now would be a good time to round up whateveryou thought about buying in the future.

Read it and weep...click on "Read the Bill"

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/110_HR_6257.html

Ohio Patriot

imported post

Kungfu wrote:
All I can say is those who didnt learn from the first AWB apparently didnt pay attention and are now freaking out because all the supplies are gone. If anyone doesnt think its coming, they're kidding themselves.

Let's look at what's happened since 2005:

H.R. 1312: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2005
H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007
H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

And those occurred with a Republican president. So you're correct... anyone who thinks they won't draft one next year is fooling themselves. They don't even need to write one from scratch. All they have to do is make a few changes to one of the above.

And I agree succession would be a good idea.

suntzu

imported post

Legba wrote:
You will recall that the "army of the west" that laid waste to much of Dixie the last time this was tried was made up largely ofOhioboys, as were Grant and Sherman themselves... This is possibly the wrong sub-forum for revisiting this question. I also somehow doubt there'd be a general amnesty afterwards if anyone tried it again and failed.

-ljp
Dixie was not the only places laid waste too in the war. The only reason the Union won was because they had more resources than the south did--we had the best generals including Lee, Jackson, Forrest, and a host of others.

all the north had was numbers, and more materiale--and this was how the war was won.