• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dial 911 and wait

Thundar

imported post

Yesterday I was on I-664 in Chesapeake, headed north, just south of exit 12. It was raining cats and dogs. About 3 cars ahead of me a car hit a large puddle and started hydroplaning. The car went off the road to the right went down the embankment and rolled 3 times.

I stopper ran back to the scene and called 911. I was on hold for about 5 minutes. Another lady who had stopped finally got through to the dispatcher.

The lady that was driving went into shock before the ambulance arrived. She had flailing injuries to her hand, but no other visible injuries. She had a 3 year old that appeared unharmed and had been hanging upside down in his car seat. Getting the child out of the car was an extremely wet and muddy event.Neither the Chesapeake police nor the VAT State trooper said anything about my OC'd Sig.

The ladies car had been a beautiful new Lexus. It was trash because she had extremely bald tires. The tread was gone and you could see some of the ply in the tires. It was easy to see the tires because the car came to a rest upside down.

I stripped my sig down when I got home. It was a mess. For fun I unloaded it and then loaded a magazine with snap caps. It cycled perfectly and worked perfectly. I have the firing pin mark on my snap cap to prove it. I was so impressed with my Sig. Took almost two hours to clean all of the mud and water out.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't ever rely on 911 for protection.

2. Don't ever drive on bald tires.

3. Sig Sauer rocks!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Firearms only have three real enemies: politicians, anti's, and rust. Better to leave it in your car at times such as this, unless your life depends upon having it with you.

As for helping out, congratulations are in order. Good for you.

nitrovic

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Yesterday I was on I-664 in Chesapeake, headed north, just south of exit 12.  It was raining cats and dogs.  About 3 cars ahead of me a car hit a large puddle and started hydroplaning.  The car went off the road to the right went down the embankment and rolled 3 times.

I stopper ran back to the scene and called 911.  I was on hold for about 5 minutes.  Another lady who had stopped finally got through to the dispatcher. 

The lady that was driving went into shock before the ambulance arrived.  She had flailing injuries to her hand, but no other visible injuries.  She had a 3 year old that appeared unharmed and had been hanging upside down in his car seat.  Getting the child out of the car was an extremely wet and muddy event.  Neither the Chesapeake police nor the VAT State trooper said anything about my OC'd Sig.

The ladies car had been a beautiful new Lexus.  It was trash because she had extremely bald tires.  The tread was gone and you could see some of the ply in the tires.  It was easy to see the tires because the car came to a rest upside down.

I stripped my sig down when I got home.  It was a mess.  For fun I unloaded it and then loaded a magazine with snap caps.  It cycled perfectly and worked perfectly.  I have the firing pin mark on my snap cap to prove it.  I was so impressed with my Sig.  Took almost two hours to clean all of the mud and water out.

Lessons learned:

1.  Don't ever rely on 911 for protection.

2.  Don't ever drive on bald tires.

3. Sig Sauer rocks!

Good job bro!!! It's good to see people will stop and help a stranger. I had the same thing happen as well, I was behind an amber alert suspect (kidnapped little girl) while off duty and the 911 operator told me she wasn't aware of an amber alert, and then promptly hung up.:what:

Tomahawk

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
I had the same thing happen as well, I was behind an amber alert suspect (kidnapped little girl) while off duty and the 911 operator told me she wasn't aware of an amber alert, and then promptly hung up.:what:

Wow, what did you do then? Maybe you should've called back 911 and told them you shot the suspect, so can they please now send a cruiser or two. :X

nitrovic

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
 I had the same thing happen as well, I was behind an amber alert suspect (kidnapped little girl) while off duty and the 911 operator told me she wasn't aware of an amber alert, and then promptly hung up.:what:

Wow, what did you do then? Maybe you should've called back 911 and told them you shot the suspect, so can they please now send a cruiser or two. :X

Yeah, really. It was insane. I had to call the state police and tell them the same thing. They finally got a hold of the other jurisdiction and eventually the rolling road blocked the guy in and got the girl back. It really was crazy. What's worse it the initial jurisdiction I called was my own (at the time anyway)!!!! Needless to say I let my bosses know what happened.

Harper1227

imported post

Infidel wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
3. Sig Sauer rocks!
+1. 229x2, 239, and 556
Can't wait until I get mine:). It's used, but new to me. It'll be wrapped and under the tree, oh what a surprise...it's just what I wanted!:p
Ditto. the 556 is my xmas present. but I might be able to persuade the hubby to let me open it early ;) :celebrate. we'll be in Ohio that week so might as well get some shooting done.