• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let us end the bickering

Alexcabbie

imported post

In the months since I have joined this blog I have read many personal attacks - ands yes, done a few myself. Mea culpa.

I personally am a conservative Nationalist. I realize that there are many on this blog who do not hew to that point of view. But damn the things that divide us. By the Living God who made me I do swear to one and all and before you all who read these words as witnesses; that I took an oath in Nvember 1971 to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, domestic and foriegn. And that oath did not lapse at the end of my enlistment. I remain faithful and true to my Sacred Oath. I excuse those of you who have never taken it. However I trust that those of you who have know exactly what I mean. And just by the bye, today is the 27th anniversary of my swering that OATH.

The name of thid here blog is "open carry" Openly carrying a firearm is wearing your gun outdside your clothes "For all the honest world to see". And also the dishonest world, be they common robbers or would-be tyrants. The only people who need feel my firearm a threat are those who by their actions put innocent precious life at risk. Even then, hot lead is the last resort. I will run before I will kill. But I will kill before I surrender to evil. I will not kneel before any being save the LORD my God.

Of course I realize that we have atheists amonst us. Our ranks also include Jews and African-Americans and even homosexuals.. And there are Christian homos and atheist "jews" and all manner of political and religious adherents. This blog is not extant for the purpose of arguing the merits of any of these groups over the others. As I see it, this blog is for the purpose of uniting our disparte selves for the purpose of defending our sacred (sorry, atheists; that is just how I see it) right to keep and bear arms.

Abraham Lincoln quoted the Holy Bible when he sai thart a house divided cannot stand. The enemies of the 2nd Amendment rejoice to see us argue. Our enemies - who are largely dupes who do not realize that they ate their own worst enemy - love it to read our bitterness toward each other. They realize that ifn they can keep us from hanging together,then eventually they can hang us one at a time from their gallows. And if we keep on bickering, we will even help buld the gallows upon which we shall hang.

Brothers and sisters, this should not be. Let me take the lead. There is no OP with whom I have more rabidly disagreed with than Mr. AWD Stylez. Styles, I offer you my hand in Brotherhood. Do you accept?

Sheriff and Nitrovic and the rest of you. If you agree, then before you say anything else post a "+1" We may disagree on specifics. But if we have no common cause, then we have less than nothing. Peace out.

david.ross

imported post

+1

There are furries among you as well.

The problem with the internet is people are not face to face. This allows people to attack relentlessly without consequence as the person is not there to suffer any consequences. I'm sure you've seen plenty of examples on this forum already.

david.ross

imported post

This might be a bit difficult for you to understand, but the younger generation(also among my generation) insult others over the internet for the "LULZ." Childish I know, but the behavior just won't stop. *sigh* I know a person, of which I don't want to name, who came to the gun range with the other gun furs. This guy intentionally pisses off people, and is part of group "Anonymous". Yes he is in to firearms, and he even told me to my face, "I love to piss people off."

He even said while meeting up with the group of 20~ people, "haha, you're all fags, I'm the only straight guy here." I just stared at him with my scary look, "*name here* you do know I'm straight, right? you just insulted me." I don't know why the others insist on inviting anyone who is fur to come, they should tell him not to come. Though knowing his behavior, he would come at the arranged time to piss everyone off just because he can.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Kids are kids, 'roo. And a bit of rebelliousness is a good thing, Go to the USAF Museum in Fairborn, Ohio. There you will see a bulletin posted in a POW camp by the Germans . It is a lot of authoritarian argle-bargle about how the German captors mean the Allied prid=soners no harm but do not try to escape lest they be shot, etc. And I guarantee you it was not an officer but some enlisted kid who took a piece of burnt wood and scrawled over it a huge "V" (for Allied Victory) and the words: "BUY AMERICAN WAR BONDS SEE YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER!!" I am not agiainst smart-asses. We are a nation founded upon smart-assedness. It is just that snart-assedness, misdirected, becomes dumb-assedness.

david.ross

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I am not agiainst smart-asses. We are a nation founded upon smart-assedness. It is just that snart-assedness, misdirected, becomes dumb-assedness.
I do my best to act mature, and succeed at doing so. My wishes are for others in my age group to act as mature, unfortunately those wishes go unanswered. Many people, especially older ones with authority, can't believe how hardened of a person I am. I expect too much from people I suppose, to think for themselves instead of following the masses of stupidity.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Oh and 'Roo, by the way. that kid you arte talking about is very likely to be gay and in denial. Take him aside and show him these words. Of all the people in this land who should carry firearms, gays are the first. This is sort of a big step for me, but a young life is at risk so to hell with my rep. I AM GAY. Oh, Gawd, this may destroy my rep on this blog forever. I do not care. Oh, 'Roo, I go back to my high school days and I know exactly what that kid is feeling. When I was a freshmn in high chool I came "out of the closet". The next day some other kid called me a "faggot" and I immediately decked his ass. This was in 1967. I had to fight a lot, but I never backed down. And by God i got respect, homo or not. And you know what else? I ran into a kid I knew in High school who had been among those who had most mercilessly taunted me about being gay back in the day; and he told me that he knew he was gay back then and he thanked me for taking the heat and told me that he "came out" to a couple close friends who had expressed objections tomthe waqy their pals had treated me.

A few weeks back a gay guy gave a slice of pizza to a homeless guy in Adams-Morgan in DC. The homeless guy gathered a few of his buds abd attacked th gaydude and his friends on the steps of his apartment building. Slugged the one guy 20 stitchges worth. Wanna find out what'll happen if you attack THIS queer??? Here's a hint: Have your life insurance paid up.

hp-hobo

imported post

Well. This discussion is a bit... unusual... for a gun forum.

As a side note, you do realize that when you took your oath in 1971 you knowingly and willfully broke the then military regulations against homosexuality and did so for your entire enlistment? That certainly brings into question character traits such as honesty and ethics. And that has nothing to do with race, religion or sexuality.

Just sayin'.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

We are not a 'house' or a community even. There is an essential tension between freedom and community and between orthodoxy and heterodoxy.

Who's your daddy in your house or the mayor of your community. Imagine an amorphous blob, like an amoeba, that is a healthy society that to a demagogue needs direction and sharp leadership.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Brothers and sisters, this should not be. Let me take the lead. There is no OP with whom I have more rabidly disagreed with than Mr. AWD Stylez. Styles, I offer you my hand in Brotherhood. Do you accept?

Of course. We're here because of what we have in common, not because of our differences. And just so you know, I feel no ill-will towards you and never have. This is the internet, we disagree and argue in one thread, but can be friends in the next. Only fools hold grudges.

Interesting curve ball with you being gay though... maybe we can discuss the gay/Christian thing via PM some time. I find that seeming conflict of interest fascinating (although I have met one other).

Alexcabbie

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Well. This discussion is a bit... unusual... for a gun forum.

As a side note, you do realize that when you took your oath in 1971 you knowingly and willfully broke the then military regulations against homosexuality and did so for your entire enlistment? That certainly brings into question character traits such as honesty and ethics. And that has nothing to do with race, religion or sexuality.

Just sayin'.
I would have never brought it up except that "Roo presented me with his - classmate, maybe? or whatever. As for honesty, well what do you call what I wrote? Hint: it wasn't fraud. As to ethics, I have a nice document given to me "AS A TESTIMONIAL OF HONEST AND FAITHFUL SERVICE". It is called an "HONORABLE DISCHARGE" and is more treasured by me than any other posession I have. I never swore that I was not homosexual. I swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies domestic and foriegn. You know, at my mom's funeral my dad held up his finger with his wedding ring on it and said that his oath was "'Til death do us part" and further said that he was married to my mom forever and would not ever take tht ring off. He went to be with Mom and the LORD lthis past March . As you can imagine Dad was not happy that his first-born (and carrying his name at that) wound up being a faggot. But he came to realize that he had taught me to be faithful and true, and that I had absorbed those lessons into my core being; and in the end that satisfied him. As I said, my rep is likely ruined on this blog. But there is a young life at stake, so go ahead and show him what he can expect. Feel free to rank my ass to the dogs and back, my freind. But let's stay on topic. We need to be less critical of one another and more united in opposition to those who would deprive us of our God-given RIGHTS to keep and bear arms. Do yougive a +1 to that or not??

Alexcabbie

imported post

Just by the way JHPHOBO, that Hi-Point is the tackiest thing I have ever seen. It looks like a mutant potato with a hard-on. I know two guys who had to draw down on BGs with a Hi-Point. The one bad guy immediately turned to stone, I mean that is one UGLY gun. Medusa Gorgon would probably explode if she saw it

As to the other BG, he took one look and immediately put his own eyes out. He now sells pencils somewhere in Manhattan. He keeps wishing that the guy with the Hi-Point had pulled the trigger. Poor devil....

hp-hobo

imported post

You my friend have a serious chip on your shoulder. I personally care not one iota what someones race, religion or sexual preference is. This includes you. But, during most of my military career it would have been my sworn duty to report someone who was homosexual to the proper authorities. Just because you didn't get the memo or get caught during your time in service does not mean that you deserve to have that honorable discharge... It just means you didn't get caught.

There are lot's of criminals who live as free men, that makes them no less a criminal.

hp-hobo

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Just by the way JHPHOBO, that Hi-Point is the tackiest thing I have ever seen. It looks like a mutant potato with a hard-on. I know two guys who had to draw down on BGs with a Hi-Point. The one bad guy immediately turned to stone, I mean that is one UGLY gun. Medusa Gorgon would probably explode if she saw it

As to the other BG, he took one look and immediately put his own eyes out. He now sells pencils somewhere in Manhattan. He keeps wishing that the guy with the Hi-Point had pulled the trigger. Poor devil....

Look what showed up while I was typing. Very mature. I guess we can only be brothers in armsif we all shoot the brand of gun you prefer.

You sir have shown your true colors, and I liked you better when you were still in your closet.

kurtmax_0

imported post

If there are truly furries they should OC while on their outings. That would be pretty interesting tbh.

The main problem is this is 'teh internets lulz' and bickering is this generation's way of life!

I try to keep to the topics of firearms as much as I can. I'm not very 'conservative' (actually I'm a market anarchist) and believe that constitutions, countries, 'patriotism', etc.. are all morally questionable. So, my reasons for carrying firearms are different than most of you all, and may even be contrary to what you believe (I don't believe in a specific 'right' to carry firearms, for example... but I don't mind using the artificial 'right' in the constitution to further my means), but I still try to get along anyways :p

Alexcabbie

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Anyone else find a "let us end the bickering" thread turning into a bunch of bickering to be the height of irony?
At least we are bickering about me being a queer and not stuff that matters. I would rather you all drag me out of my house and burn me t the stake than to see the 2A movement splinter into a bunch of guys yammering at each other about crap that matters even less.