• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tryanny: opressive power exerted by goverment..

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been over 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3. 2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

With Guns............ We Are 'Citizens'.

Without Them........ We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921; and was Naval Attaché to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor and our Army had been deprived of funding and was ill- prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U. S. and knew that almost all households had guns.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've received a number of comments concerning my post on tryanny. Most hint that I am paranoid, that tryanny can't happen in the U.S. because we have the constitution. Without doubt we are fortunate to have our wonderful constitution that protects our personal freedoms. Something the people of no other country on the planet have. Tryanny however manifests itself in insidious ways, and it can happen here in spite of the constitution.

Some examples:

The Firearms Control Act of 1968. A severe restriction on our right to keep and bear arms.

ATF harassment of FFL holders during Clinton years. 89,000 dealers forced out of business.

Assault weapon ban during Clinton years. Not only a ban on assault weapons but made so broad it also included certain sporting guns. There is already strong rumor that the Democratic congress will attempt to resurrect the ban.

National Instant Check System requiring FBI background checks on gun buyers. A potential national registration system. Currently restricted from becomming one by congress, but at the whim of congress.

Confiscation of people's firearms by New Orleans police during hurricane Katrina.

Outlaw of handgun ownership in Washington D.C. and Chicago and a number of other major cities.

Previous high capacity magazine ban.

Requirement of trigger locks being furnished with all firearms sold by dealers.

California requirement that person's purchasing a firearm must show a basic firearms safety certificate before they can purchase a firearm.

California requirement that anyone purchasing a handgun must demonstrate to the dealer safe handling practises. The step by step process is contained in CA state statutes.

California restriction allowing only one handgun purchase per month.

California law that makes you responsible for the acts of person under 18 who com crime or injury with a firearm.

California ban on .50 caliber BMG firearms. Here is what the law says about .50 caliber BMG.
Chapter 2.3 12275.5 Legislative findings and declarations. (b) The legislature hereby finds and declares that the proliferation and use of .50 BMG rifles, as defined in Section 12278, poses a clear and present terrorist threat to the health, safety, and security of all residents of, and visitors to, this state -----

California ban on assault weapons. Currently 77 types and models.

California ban on "saturday night specials". Whatever they are.

I specificallly mention California with it's severe oppression of firearm ownership because for some unknown reason many of the east coast states seem to follow it's lead. The majority of power leaders in congress represent California or East coast states.

Micro-stamping of firearm ammunition.

Can't happen here ? Remember this: Piece by piece a puzzle finally gets completed.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Well, I am sorry that you have been criticized in private communications. I now publicly praise you.

You are right on brother!

They are wrong, your critics that do not think your acumen in legal research would extend to historical research or to drawing conclusions from it. Maybe S. W. Hawkings brilliance does not reach from physics to guns, but the reach from law to history isn't so far.

I'll bet that I can think of some names of your 'critics' and suspect that they are not so 'critical' as envious.

Thank you for all that you have brought to this forum and for persevering to do so. I'm glad that these 'critics' didn't drive you away.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. Lammie is 'good people'! NRA KMA$$

smithman

imported post

Lammie, I will also publicly agree.

He who does not learn from history is bound to repeat it.

The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations is only 200 years.

S.E.WI

imported post

Lammie, it can happen here and the puzzle is coming together with this election.

You are not paranoid andyou're smart to learn from the mistakes of others. I wish I knew how to get through to those that think it can't happen here. It's a little too late when the exterminations begin.

Wakeup people. If not for yourself, for your loved ones.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Oh come on guys it can't happen here.

On another subject does anyone know how to breathe with your head in the sand, I am having difficulties in that respect?

S.E.WI

imported post

I know you are joking so you might want to ask those that have their head in the sand now. Let us all know if you learn how. Could make for a good fox hole when the time comes.

WIG19

imported post

lockman wrote:
Oh come on guys it can't happen here.

On another subject does anyone know how to breathe with your head in the sand, I am having difficulties in that respect?
Given where ostriches reside, perhaps someone on vacation could tap an Australian on the butt to come up for a minute and give a first-hand report on how things are working out...

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

After reviewing the crime statistics of Australia, Great Britain and Canada it might be interesting to note that after theyenacted their oppressive gun control laws crime committed with the use of "sharp edged" weapons have increased 30 to 33% each year. Lets face it criminals are criminals Theywill use anyweapon of convienience and opportunity to perpetrate their deeds. Take one away and they will find another. ad infinitum. It started with a rock. Unfortunately, the politicians making up our laws can't seem to comprehend that.

S.E.WI

imported post

Lammie wrote:
After reviewing the crime statistics of Australia, Great Britain and Canada it might be interesting to note that after theyenacted their oppressive gun control laws crime committed with the use of "sharp edged" weapons have increased 30 to 33% each year. Lets face it criminals are criminals Theywill use anyweapon of convienience and opportunity to perpetrate their deeds. Take one away and they will find another. ad infinitum. It started with a rock. Unfortunately, the politicians making up our laws can't seem to comprehend that.

.....and as long as police have guns...the criminal can get one, evenby using a rock.

Too many can't see anything except todays headlines. We will never forget? Most have forgotten everything.

It's much easier to learn from another's mistake. They just don't get it.

Great posts Lammie.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Without doubt we are fortunate to have our wonderful constitution that protects our personal freedoms.
If only this were true...

It instills no confidence in me.

Over the years we've seen how systemically and incrementally rights are whittled away bit by bit.

The meanings of words are given new meanings. Phrases twisted and spun with explanations by politicians that have other motives than protecting individual rights.

People who don't think freedom is under assault are not looking outside of their present.

If freedom was taken in one fell swoop people would see it. But it doesn't work like that. Its bit by bit so very few notice. Tomorrow doesn't seem all that much different than today... But freedom drips away.

We have government telling private business owners how to run their business. We have government taking over private facilities (airports) with huge new government operations (TSA) and taking away people's privacy with no discretion in the name of "safety". And so it goes and goes...

Cobbersmom

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Welcome Cobbersmom.

How are you occupied by 'small town government', if I may be nosy.

I'm a hired employee, not elected and work in an area town. That's kind of like catching a lunker fish in an 'area' lake <g>. I started actively reading this forum this past summer when I had a seasonal resident (convicted felon, all around bad guy, crack head) come after me with an axe when I had caught him doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. I'm hoping to not only learn more about my rights from reading these forums, but absorb them so they become a part of me. As I educate myself, I hope to educate others about the dangers of allowing our rights to be slowly extinguished. My friends, boss and others who know about the axe guy episode all encouraged me with whispers to carry a gun from then on. None of them, as myself, realized it is legal to open carry. Then again, that will be easy this weekend as I won't be anywhere without my 30.06 <g>

suntzu

imported post

I am sorry for the private criticisms you have received.

I now also offer you public praise and a statement:

we are facing some serious challenges to our Constitutional freedoms....I submit that tyranny is already happening under the color of law and under the guise of national security, and as soon as they can put the gun owners to the side by either confiscation of weapons (impractical and undoable) OR by restricting the manufacture and sale of ammunition to only LEOs and the military--tyranny will have taken full grasp upon our society and we will be just like "1984" or worse....

EVERY instance of total gun control has resulted in mass murder of the citizens--Nazi Germany, Leninist/Stalinist Russia, Cambodia, and the list of dictatorships go on...I fear that we will join their ranks one day soon.

Security without freedom mean absolutely nothing.

suntzu

imported post

smithman wrote:
Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither

-Ben Franklin

This applies to ANY liberty....but especially arms.

-Me
Those who would sacrifice liberty for a little temporary safety (security) deserve neither, and will lose both.

Ben Franklin.

I think I paraphrased that correctly.