• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Ammo available @ Dicks

fryfrye

imported post

Just an FYI, I know ammo has been a little hard to find, but Dicks near Bailey's Crossroads has a pretty good supply of .223 Rem for 8.98 when you buy 10 or more... Remington White/Green box 55gr.

They also have 3 or 4 cases of Rem 9mm, some winchester PP, federal PP, and some other brands not worth shooting.

They are pretty low on 45ACP

mkl

imported post

walmart in burke has 9mm cci blazer @ $8.57 for a box of 50. They still had plenty when I bought 20 boxes this weekend.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
Theres also a mail in rebate going on for core loct from Remington.
Only good on two boxes per household...done my two for my Suffolk address and sending off my two for my Blacksburg address soon. Also have rebates on some of their guns too (Rem 700 in .308 has a rebate for sure, ask me how I know :cool:)

fryfrye

imported post

Perhaps this is an idea for the "Sale/Trade" forum that is being developed but it would be good to at least have a sticky for sharing of sales, promotions, and rebates... I know last year when Dicks was selling the winchester PP white box during the buy 1 get 1 free for the same price at the remingtion UMC I bought as much as I could carry, and so did my friends and neighbors...

fryfrye

imported post

Perhaps this is an idea for the "Sale/Trade" forum that is being developed but it would be good to at least have a sticky for sharing of sales, promotions, and rebates... I know last year when Dicks was selling the winchester PP white box during the buy 1 get 1 free for the same price at the remingtion UMC I bought as much as I could carry, and so did my friends and neighbors...

TFred

imported post

They had one of these sales a few weeks back. The actual results were quite varied. I have two stores in my general area. One store properly applied the discount, yielding an effective price reduction of 25% off the "regular" price for the whole purchase. The other store keyed in the coupon code for each item, yielding 50% off the whole purchase! :shock: I asked them if that was correct, and they assured me it was. I wasn't going to stand there and argue with them.

Sadly, the store that was discounting 50% had a limited stock of what I was buying... :(

With shipping costs what they are, this sale, even if applied properly (i.e. 25% off total purchase price), is one of the best deals I've been able to find.

TFred

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fryfrye wrote:

There's a pretty good site dedicated to finding deals on ammo/guns/etc.

http://gun-deals.com/

You can sort by price/round including shipping to really see which is cheaper quickly.