• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self not defense

SlackwareRobert

imported post

What is with standing around to be shot?
A single shot .22 rifle, gee he just shot my friend, i'll wait for reloading to find
out if it was an accident. I'm shure there would be no where you could
place the kid that you couldn't stop him after first shot. So how do you get two
bodies? This story makes no sense unless they were both sheep, and were
busy dialing 911 insted of protecting themselves.

Or do we finaly have a second magic bullet here?

r6-rider

imported post

"I'm not accusing anybody of anything at this point," he said Saturday. "But we're certainly going to look at the abuse part of this. He's 8 years old. He just doesn't decide one day that he's going to shoot his father and shoot his father's friend for no reason. Something led up to this."

that was my first guess as well

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Prosecutors said the boy was systematic and precise in killing his father and their lodger. He reloaded the .22-caliber rifle after each shot and fired at least 8 shots. Investigators suspected the boy may have suffered some form of abuse from his father but so far, they could turn up nothing to suggest a motive for the murders."

Wow ... :shock:

http://celebgalz.com/vincent-romero-timothy-romans-romero-romans-killed-by-boy/

And now there is a gag order:
http://www.kpho.com/news/17946277/detail.html?rss=pho&psp=news

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

video just came out of the interrogation the boy never admitted he did it in the video like the little tyrants said he did.

to serve and protect :uhoh:

VAopencarry

imported post

He confessed after several hours of interrogation, without an adult or a lawyer. It was pretty sad the way they kept hammering him, eventually, I think the kid told them what they wanted to hear.Maybe it was after the part when they told him someone 'might' have seen him do it. Saw it on CNN.

BTW, WTF? you are in Californie now?!

Orygunner

imported post

From what I've seen (clips on the evening news), the "interviewers" were very good at their jobs.

Their job is not to get the truth. Their job is not to find the killer. Their job is to get a confession, and they were very good at their job.

Not that an 8 year old is much of a challenge. Ignore his pleas of innocence and tell him that everyone in that room promises to tell the truth, then LIE to him to get his confession. I heard the portion where they told him something like "what if we told you someone saw you do it?" Confuse his young mind, already in shock from finding his father dead. Get the confession. He MUST be guilty, or he wouldn't be in your interrog-er, I mean "interview" room, now would he?

Everything's easier with a confession. That way the police don't have to do their jobs and investigate any more. That way the prosecutor doesn't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sorry, but I saw this on the news last night and it instantly pissed me off that the interrogators questioned that boy for hours, told him everyone needed to tell the truth, then when they didn't get their confession, they started lying to him...

...Orygunner...

Orygunner

imported post

Nope, we sure don't know what happened, but this BS confession they obtained, and the subsequent "Case is solved!" announcement undermines the investigation and brings a lot of doubt into my mind that justice is really going to be served.

Since they have their confession, do you really think they're going to investigate anything other than evidence to prosecute the boy?

I wish I could find the tape I saw on the news last night. It specifically shows the police asking him if they can all tell the truth, then they later lie to the boy, telling him "what if we told you someone SAW you do it?" and the boy's story started changing after that, with "I thinks" and "maybes"...

If the boy is innocent or guilty? The evidence will tell. Are the police still investigating any other suspects? Probably not, they have their confession! At least I can't find any news articles stating they're still looking for other suspects.

...One suspect is probably all they need...
...Orygunner...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess they've run out of adults, who now know to keep their mouths shut when talkign to the plice. The JBTs have to go after kids to make their jobs easier...

And frankly, if he did do it, I bet he's got a damn justifiable reason. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but we see how the law behaves, and I don't grant it much merit in right or wrong anymore.

Either way, nice shots kid! Too bad he didn't shoot the cops!

imported post

I still don't know what really happened, but my gut has this terrible feeling that they want to make this kid, guilty or innocent, into a scape goat. Hold him up as an example of how terrible it is for a father to teach a young boy to shoot and how just having these evil guns in that child's hands turned him into a killer.

If they were able to spin Obama into a viable presidential candidate, they can spin this thing into the mother of all anti gun poster children. :what:

I so hope I am wrong. :uhoh:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can see the argument now. . .

"We understand the boy may have been sexually abused by his father and his friend, but that is no reason to grab a gun, and this 8 year-old boy should have known it. Yes, sexually abusing a child is wrong, but see what happens when there are guns involved? Now an otherwise innocent boy is going to go on trial for murder, just because his father taught him how to shoot a gun."

Don't pay attention to the fact that THEY MAY HAVE ABUSED THE BOY! How about you catch the abusers and send them to where they need to be instead of picking on an 8 yo boy? Remarkable.

And no, we don't know what is going on, but can anyone tell me 1 good reason OTHER than to pressure him to confess why he was not given a lawyer before questioning? Someone to serve the best interest of the child?

LovesHisXD45

imported post

The cops aren't going to win this one without forensic evidence directly linking the boy to the shooting. Did they test under his fingernails for GSW? Did they check the brass or the gun for finger prints? If they did, were his prints on the gun but not the brass? Does an 8-year-old have the intellect to wipe the prints from each round or wear gloves during the shooting?

The mere fact that this boy was not provided legal representation during his interrogation is a travisty that will not go unnoticed in a court of law. Any attempt to prosecute this boy, considering the circumstances based on a coerced confession and lack of forensic evidence, will be futile at best.

The proverbial S*%$ is going to hit the fan on this one if they prosecute. I, personally, would like to see those assholes try this publicity stunt. Not only should the charges be thrown out, but there should be a counter suit against the department for their conduct.

Those pathetic bastards!!!!!

Kevin

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Let them have enough rope to hang themselves.

Too bad it's only figurative... And that with the courts so often in the clutches of the Political Left, it isn't far fetched that a conviction is already written, just waiting for the song and dance to create the illusion of a 'system.'

protector84

imported post

"We understand the boy may have been sexually abused by his father and his friend, but that is no reason to grab a gun, and this 8 year-old boy should have known it. Yes, sexually abusing a child is wrong, but see what happens when there are guns involved? Now an otherwise innocent boy is going to go on trial for murder, just because his father taught him how to shoot a gun."

Actually, it probably is a reason. I have no sympathy at all for child abuse and especially if it is sexual abuse. Obviously, nobody knows the actual circumstances yet but if it turns out that the boy was sexually abused as far as I'm concerned it is a justified shoot. State law actually allows deadly force to stop a rape or child mollestation in progress assuming such force is necessary to stop the rapist/mollester. Our society has gotten way too tolerant of this crap. A dad or mom who would sexually abuse an eight-year-old child at the very least should have their kids taken away from them and locked up for a very long time and at best be returned to their maker. In most cases I am someone who believes you do whatever is necessary to stop a threat but without going overboard. However, when it comes to rape, mollestation, and torture especially when it involves helpless victims such as children and the elderly, itshould involve executing the perpetrator. If it does come to light that the father and roomate were sexually abusing the kid, good riddance to them and let it be a message to the rest of the deadbeatparents out there that sooner or later it will come back to them.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not sure I like the idea of allowing the state to execute anybody. Hypothetically, I think allowing the kid to legally claim self-defense is a better solution. Individuals are less likely to abuse this "power" than the government is to abuse its very real power of execution.