• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beating the AWB on a budget

Fireclown

imported post

I want to get an AR-15 while I still can but right now I don't have $900+ up to spend on a full setup. Should I go ahead and just buy a lower? Or should I get the accessories first? And can anyone recommend a good place to purchase? Thanks

TheMrMitch

imported post

You can getone stripped for a little over $100.....You can get them finished or not....butt stocks or not.....forged or not....it's according to your pocket book.

Quite a few places are out....so you'll just have to shop. Lowers must go through an FFL. Get a stripped lower....then a kit to finish it. Take your time and get an upper then.:)

Eagleeye

imported post

Fireclown wrote:
I want to get an AR-15 while I still can but right now I don't have $900+ up to spend on a full setup. Should I go ahead and just buy a lower? Or should I get the accessories first? And can anyone recommend a good place to purchase? Thanks

Find a Place that Does Layaway. :cool:

David.Car

imported post

Buy a Del-Ton rifle kit (lower parts kit, complete upper, barrel, bolt, yadda yadda...) for under 5-600 depending on choices. It gets shipped directly to your front door. Than all you need to do is supply the stripped lower reciever (100-150 bucks) and you got yourself a nice quality rifle (far and above better than an Oly) for around 700 bucks.

Note, Del-Ton has a little backorder going right now.

rodbender

imported post

If you buy a stripped lower receiver now, it will be pre-ban. The lower receiver is considered the gun since that is the part with the serial #. You'll have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer.You can pick them up for about $150+shipping and transfer fee, or buy one at a gun show or local dealer, if you can findthem.

That is if"The One"doesn't outright ban posession.

David.Car

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Relax. You know he doesn't want to risk a re-election by banning guns in his first term :)

It is the congress that will be the biggest risk the next 4 years.

thorvaldr

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Buy a Del-Ton rifle kit (lower parts kit, complete upper, barrel, bolt, yadda yadda...) for under 5-600 depending on choices. It gets shipped directly to your front door. Than all you need to do is supply the stripped lower reciever (100-150 bucks) and you got yourself a nice quality rifle (far and above better than an Oly) for around 700 bucks.

Note, Del-Ton has a little backorder going right now.
Thanks.

rodbender

imported post

David.Car wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Relax. You know he doesn't want to risk a re-election by banning guns in his first term :)

It is the congress that will be the biggest risk the next 4 years.
I'm actually thinking he might try to ban or suspendthe Constitution. He did say it was a "fundamental flaw" of this country.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
I'm actually thinking he might try to ban or suspendthe Constitution. He did say it was a "fundamental flaw" of this country.

When I mentioned to my wife Obama's statement that he wants to fundamentally change the government she said, "That's great, sounds like a good idea." After recovering from the shock, I realised what a good job the media has done to portray him as a benign benefactor. A conversation about "fundamental change of government" ensued.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch; this thread has some pretty useful AR-15 info. Thanks all.

darthmord

imported post

cccook wrote:
rodbender wrote:

When I mentioned to my wife Obama's statement that he wants to fundamentally change the government she said, "That's great, sounds like a good idea." After recovering from the shock, I realised what a good job the media has done to portray him as a benign benefactor. A conversation about "fundamental change of government" ensued.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch; this thread has some pretty useful AR-15 info. Thanks all.

Palpatine was a benign benefactor who became the Supreme Chancellor of the Old Republic in Star Wars too.

We all know how that turned out.