• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perkins restaurant & bakery has posted !

no carry permit ?

imported post

Tonight I went to Perkins for the last time ( the one on appliance court inRaleigh) as they have posted: No firearms with or without a permit.

I emailed a complaint andinvite everyone join me. I will misseating there, the food was excellent.

Store # 3816

Perkins restaurant & Bakery

2657 Appliance court

Raleigh, NC 27604-2468

919-828-7375

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

more specifically, those of you who wish to complain to their corporate office about this, go to http://www.prkmcresearch.com/prkcomments/ and select the Raleigh, NC location from the dropdown list. then proceed to write your letter of complaint telling them that they just lost more business. :)

(here's what i wrote):

Your management staff posted up a sign that states, "No guns allowed, with or without a permit." Being a law-abiding citizen, as well as a concealed handgun licensee, I find this to be very insulting. I understand the law, and I will respect this decision that your management staff has made by not returning to the restaurant again. I can see this becoming an unwise long-term business decision for Perkins as an entire company.

PT 24/7

imported post

I'm with you. Here is the content of my comments.

I disagree with the Raleigh, NC location policy of "No firearms with or without a permit". I do however, respect your right to establish that policy. Please be aware that posting a sign that prohibits firearms will only affect law abiding citizens, since criminals don't typically honor these signs. Since my personal policy is not to patronize businesses that insist I surrender the ability to protect myself and family, I will not be dining in your restaurant in the future. This personal policy of mine is accompanied by free advertisement. The content of that advertising is dependent upon your response to my comments.

Contact Info

no carry permit ?

imported post

Follow up: I received a call from the manager today. Please sit down and have nothing in your mouth prior to reading further. I can't be responsible for choking hazards.

She said that the sign has been there for 16 years (lie 1) . I have been going there weekly for over one year and carried every time, the sign is new. When I asked the waitress she said, yeah that just went up and I don't know why. People have been asking about it.

The manager claims the Raleigh police department asked her to post it when the restaurant was open 24 hours a day. (I believe that is lie #2). "The sign is not intended to offend our customers." When I mentioned that there have been more than 15 armed robberies along Capital Blvd the last few months (including three murders during the robbery), and the sign will not stop a criminal she replied, yeah they will just do it anyway. She also claimed that some irate guy threaten (she then rephrased it ) , " well acted like he was going to use it. The police said they can't do anything unless the sign is posted. " (I lost count of what lie we are up to now, is there an accountant on here, we may need spread sheet tracking).

Personally I don't believe anything she said. I'm going to take this to the next level and write the CEO a complaint letter, boycott the restaurant, and ask my friends that respect the 2nd amendment to do the same. She also said I'm the first to complain about the posting. I was like well get ready lady, that will change within the hour, LOL. It did too, thanks guys ! Please keep up the good work and consider writing a letter to the CEO when I post his information.

Thanks again you folks give me hope that we can turn this around.

Gilly

imported post

I've never eaten there, but I sent one anyway. BRobb19, I used your letter of complaint as the basis for mine. Thanks. Hopefully they'll see the error of their ways, but I'm not holding my breath.

Caveman93

imported post

Sent.....

"I do not believe that this location now requires citizens to eat there unarmed! I will highly recommend that the posting be removed so that law abiding folks can enjoy your establishment. I will no longer be a patron until this sign age has been removed. I will be notifying many of my other friends and family members to this infringement. Crime is up in the area and I will not allow myself or family be a victim".

I left them my email and phone number so they can feel free to contact me if they wish to discuss.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Follow up: I received a call from the manager today. Please sit down and have nothing in your mouth prior to reading further. I can't be responsible for choking hazards.

She said that the sign has been there for 16 years (lie 1) . I have been going there weekly for over one year and carried every time, the sign is new. When I asked the waitress she said, yeah that just went up and I don't know why. People have been asking about it.

The manager claims the Raleigh police department asked her to post it when the restaurant was open 24 hours a day. (I believe that is lie # 2). "The sign is not intended to offend our customers."  When I mentioned that there have been more than 15 armed robberies along Capital Blvd the last few months (including three murders during the robbery), and the sign will not stop a criminal she replied, yeah they will just do it anyway. She also claimed that some irate guy threaten (she then rephrased it ) , " well acted like he was going to use it. The police said they can't do anything unless the sign is posted. " (I lost count of what lie we are up to now, is there an accountant on here, we may need  spread sheet tracking).

Personally I don't believe anything she said. I'm going to take this to the next level and write the CEO a complaint letter, boycott the restaurant, and ask my friends that respect the 2nd amendment to do the same. She also said I'm the first to complain about the posting. I was like well get ready lady, that will change within the hour, LOL. It did too, thanks guys ! Please keep up the good work and consider writing a letter to the CEO when I post his information.

Thanks again you folks give me hope that we can turn this around.
I hope you made it quite clear you didn't buy her lies. It's not one of my more endearing traits, but I've never been one known to let a lie slide. I'm far more likely to instruct one to his face to "stop lying to me". This woman needed a good dose of honesty.

Mungo

imported post

Hi,

I'm just curious. Would a reference to the Luby's Restaurant massacre help in these complaint filings? In that event, had a patron been carrying, the massacre would not have been nearly the massacre it was.

no carry permit ?

imported post

Mungo wrote:
Hi,

I'm just curious. Would a reference to the Luby's Restaurant massacre help in these complaint filings? In that event, had a patron been carrying, the massacre would not have been nearly the massacre it was.
Excellent point.