Thread: AWB statement back at change.gov

Post imported post

Reworded slightly but the same garbage attacking our rights. From change.gov under urban policy:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Post imported post

common sense for who?

Post imported post

How about that part
    Sportsmen
    Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America's hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sports. Were it not for America's hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Barack Obama and Joe Biden recognize that we must forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face. America's hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.

in http://www.change.gov/agenda/additional_issues_agenda/

Post imported post

Common sense indeed! Since when is it common sense to enact laws that have been shown to have no impact on crime. Too bad they don't have a zero impact on government spending.

Post imported post

If Obama is so supportive of sportsmen then why has he supported measures to ban or tax into oblivionmany of the firearms and ammo that sportsmen use?

When it comes to politicians, it's actions not words that you can trust.

Post imported post

Gordie wrote:
    If Obama is so supportive of sportsmen then why has he supported measures to ban or tax into oblivionmany of the firearms and ammo that sportsmen use?

Correction: When it comes to politicians,you justcanNOT trust

Post imported post

Most all politicians are lying pieces of dog doo. Obama just happens to be an especially large example of doo doo.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Most all politicians are lying pieces of dog doo. Obama just happens to be an especially large example of doo doo.
    Good one!

Post imported post

They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof.
    My guns are already childproof. There are no children in my house.

Post imported post

CJ wrote:
    Reworded slightly but the same garbage attacking our rights. From change.gov under urban policy:

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
    I too support making the expiration of the AWB permanent.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
    Gordie wrote:

Correction: When it comes to politicians,you justcanNOT trust
    Due to his past actions, I feel confidant that I can trust Obama to continue his stand on firearms. I hope that I am proven wrong.

Post imported post

minidreamin wrote:
    They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof.
    My guns are already childproof. There are no children in my house.
    Wow, this abstinence stuff is great. Is there anything it won't make you safer from? :shock:

:P

Centurion

Post imported post

I do support a weapons ban in ONE CONTEXT ONLY!!!!!

If the firearm is defective.... as in it won't fire, won't eject, won't feed, or you can't hit your target with it... THEN replace the defective firearm with one that will fire, eject, feed, and hit the designated target!

Slightly reworded...

If the gun is Broken... BAN IT.

so,

BAN Broken guns. and only broken guns.

And just because my gun successfully propels a projectile into and injures/kills the bad guy when I or a family member pulls the trigger does NOT make my gun broken!

It is doing exactly what it was designed to do!

JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"