• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AWB statement back at change.gov

CJ

imported post

Reworded slightly but the same garbage attacking our rights. From change.gov under urban policy:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Chaingun81

imported post

How about that part
Sportsmen
Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America's hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sports. Were it not for America's hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Barack Obama and Joe Biden recognize that we must forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face. America's hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.

in http://www.change.gov/agenda/additional_issues_agenda/

Gordie

imported post

Common sense indeed! Since when is it common sense to enact laws that have been shown to have no impact on crime. Too bad they don't have a zero impact on government spending.

Gordie

imported post

If Obama is so supportive of sportsmen then why has he supported measures to ban or tax into oblivionmany of the firearms and ammo that sportsmen use?

When it comes to politicians, it's actions not words that you can trust.

Chaingun81

imported post

Gordie wrote:
If Obama is so supportive of sportsmen then why has he supported measures to ban or tax into oblivionmany of the firearms and ammo that sportsmen use?

Correction: When it comes to politicians,you justcanNOT trust

minidreamin

imported post

They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof.

My guns are already childproof. There are no children in my house.

Gordie

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Gordie wrote:

Correction: When it comes to politicians,you justcanNOT trust
Due to his past actions, I feel confidant that I can trust Obama to continue his stand on firearms. I hope that I am proven wrong.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I do support a weapons ban in ONE CONTEXT ONLY!!!!!

If the firearm is defective.... as in it won't fire, won't eject, won't feed, or you can't hit your target with it... THEN replace the defective firearm with one that will fire, eject, feed, and hit the designated target!

Slightly reworded...

If the gun is Broken... BAN IT.

so,

BAN Broken guns. and only broken guns.

And just because my gun successfully propels a projectile into and injures/kills the bad guy when I or a family member pulls the trigger does NOT make my gun broken!

It is doing exactly what it was designed to do!

JoeSparky