• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Litter Crew Sign Arrived Today

jchen012

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Cool sign, however I don't think they will allow that sign. I sure a generic worded sign has to be used. I'm all for the sign but sceptical on using it.
Ever heard of the 1st amendment? It comes before the 2nd. I don't see why they would have any problems with it? We are picking up trash for free!!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Meh...

Someone will think it's for a work release program or some #%(&...

bcp

imported post

Picking up litter? Handgun?

I think mounted bayonets would work better.

Bruce

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Neat sign! I suppose I could use the bayonet on my Mosin Nagant 91/30 to pick up litter...
Yeah, but they might get you for "furtive carry" even if you removed the bolt.

Though, I like the idea of strapping my CETME or AES-10 to my back for that. We could have quite the presence.

Oh, and why would they think a work release program would allow the prisoners to carry guns?!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Neat sign! I suppose I could use the bayonet on my Mosin Nagant 91/30 to pick up litter...
Yeah, but they might get you for "furtive carry" even if you removed the bolt.

Though, I like the idea of strapping my CETME or AES-10 to my back for that. We could have quite the presence.

Oh, and why would they think a work release program would allow the prisoners to carry guns?!

No, the supervisors would be armed,lol.

You have to think like the public... They'd think you misworded the sign.... As in, armed guards WATCHING the litter picker uppers ...

Next time you guys go out, let me know, I'm in. lol

triehl27

imported post

Too bad Mosins are up in price again. I remember when they couldn't give um away, literally. even with all the accessories.

10 Like new mosins for $100...

3 - 20 rifle cases for $399 for 60 rifles...

19.99 apiece. excellent condition...

ahh fond memories... outfitted all my friends I introduced to shooting in the late nineties with um...

Imagine that... A road crew picking up litter with 91/30's with bayonets instead of litter spikes... Kinda heavy I guess, but what an impact! Romove the bolt and all or is , is a heavy litter spike...

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I love the sign. I don't believe you should ask permission to put it up. There is nothing offensive about the sign and I don't believe any judge would say otherwise.