Thread: Open Carry in Malls?? YES or NO

Post imported post

I wanted to know if it is legal to cc/oc in a mall? Does it depend on the mall or is it all?

o, and I'm new to OpenCarry and realy glad to find others with the same ideals.

Post imported post

Try this Q in the Alabama Section, might get better responses than a bunch of people telling you what it is in their state.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Our locale Mall has signs posted upon entry that states "NO weapons of any kind are allowed".

But then they allow stores inside the mallto sell knives, throwing stars, swordsand Nunchucks.

I would rather be asked to leave and be safe than need my weapon and not have it. So I concealed carry in the mall.

Post imported post

You should try post state specific questions in their respective forums. You will get faster, and better answers that way.

In Alabama there are no restrictions on carrying a firearm in a mall. There is no signage law in Alabama so even if they have a 'no guns' sign it means nothing.

Remember though, if a representative of the mall property owner asks you to leave, you need to leave or you could be charged with tresspassing. So no "zomg it's mah riaght to carrah a gun in 'ere!" stuff.

Additionaly, the legality of OC is not known by all cops in Alabama. It's pretty rare, but not unheard of for someone to be arrested for OCing. Just don't talk the police, hire an attorney, and sue their pants off.