• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Malls?? YES or NO

jbsmurf

imported post

I wanted to know if it is legal to cc/oc in a mall? Does it depend on the mall or is it all?

o, and I'm new to OpenCarry and realy glad to find others with the same ideals.

VAopencarry

imported post

Try this Q in the Alabama Section, might get better responses than a bunch of people telling you what it is in their state.

Anderson IN

imported post

Our locale Mall has signs posted upon entry that states "NO weapons of any kind are allowed".

But then they allow stores inside the mallto sell knives, throwing stars, swordsand Nunchucks.

I would rather be asked to leave and be safe than need my weapon and not have it. So I concealed carry in the mall.

kurtmax_0

imported post

You should try post state specific questions in their respective forums. You will get faster, and better answers that way.

In Alabama there are no restrictions on carrying a firearm in a mall. There is no signage law in Alabama so even if they have a 'no guns' sign it means nothing.

Remember though, if a representative of the mall property owner asks you to leave, you need to leave or you could be charged with tresspassing. So no "zomg it's mah riaght to carrah a gun in 'ere!" stuff.

Additionaly, the legality of OC is not known by all cops in Alabama. It's pretty rare, but not unheard of for someone to be arrested for OCing. Just don't talk the police, hire an attorney, and sue their pants off.