• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Notice how all the anti 2a stories are coming?

yankees98a

imported post

Bet u will find 1 anti 2a story every few days in yahoo till new gun control laws are passed

Thundar

imported post

yankees98a wrote:
Bet u will find 1 anti 2a story every few days in yahoo till new gun control laws are passed

Of course, the media was in the tank for Barak Hussein Obama. They will push for un-American trash really hard and see how far down they can tear the fabric of society.

It only goes so far though, and then good men stand up.

Live free or die,

Thundar

Alexcabbie

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Though I fear, Thundar, that most will stand up too late and there will be too few of us.

Even more than our guns, the Left wants to get their grubby mitts on EVERYBODY'S dough. And now that they THINK they have"the power" they will soon act ham-handedly and piss EVERYBODY off.

Here's their latest brainless money grab plan: Since the price of gas has fallen, certain of their tribe have proposed taxing it back up to four bucks, the reasoning being that we have shown that we can and will pay that amount without too much bitching. Only prob is, NO WE WILL NOT and that is the reason the price went down. Of course they say this will "promote conservation". Sure will. Lots of folks will conserve their votes for conservative candidates. See, these grifters think that now they can do what they damn want and we cannot do a thing.

How wrong they are they cannot or will not see. Cracks are emerging in the extreme Left as Obama is starting to realize that he cannot deliver on what he promised them. the "Daily Kos" blog just excoriated Senate Dems for keeping Lieberman at the Homeland Security chair. The Obamanists are backing down on their lofty promises as the Boy Wonder Prez-Elect is realizing just how deep he is in. And it is infuriating the extremists who worked so hard to fool and defraud so many.

There is a leak in the Leftist levee of lies and truth is trickling out; and Obama's people are trying to keep it from becoming a torrent. As I said on another thread, it is curious that Obama is populating his staff and cabinet with Clintonite re-treads with Hillary Her Self as Secretary of State. I just bet the Clintons have something on Obama and I bet he is terrified at what they can do to him. At some point, all this i going to give. Bet on it.

I just started an account on the "Daily Kos" blog. I don't care if they censor me, SOMEBODY will have to read what I write. And since I use a public wireless network and all my email and stuff is under a completely fictitious name and address - I use a different computer and a land line for my serious business - I have no fears about some Leftie tracking me down. Although I would like it if they did and tried to harm me. Just one excuse.......

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

demnogis

imported post

If you're in SoCal you might have heard of the "controversial story" of an 8-year old (or something) killing their father with a firearm. MURDEROUS CHILD SLAYS FATHER WITH HANDGUN etc etc. No doubt this will be more "ammunition" for the special agendas to push more anti-2A legislation. "For the Children"...

I'm sure there are many circumstances not being brought into the discussion, and from the exerpts of the story on TV, they were playing it out as if the child had malicious intent... but from the sound of the kid's voice, you could tell how apologetic, saddened and confused the child was.

Such rubbish... it's why I don't watch news on TV.

rodbender

imported post

demnogis wrote:
... but from the sound of the kid's voice, you could tell how apologetic, saddened and confused the child was.

Such rubbish... it's why I don't watch news on TV.
Evidently you watched this.

Sheriff

imported post

Somebody try and give me some percentages please? Or even guess....

1- The percentage of the population (a/k/a dogooders) that absolutely hate guns. Period. The real tree hugging "swirled peas" type.

2- The percentage of the population that doesn't necessarily hate guns,but thinks there's too many guns already on the street,thinks guns are far too easy to purchase, and wouldn't care if ATF starting kicking in doors and confiscating everyfirearm in civilian hands tomorrow morning.

3- The percentage of the population that thinks the only people that should possess guns on a daily basis are military and cops.

4- The percentage of the population that simply does not care what happens to the 2nd amendment or how it's ever interpreted by any court.

and last,but certainly not in the majority IMHO.....

5-The percentage of people who truly believe in the right to bear arms and will fight to preserve the right.

Sadly enough, I think you will find the lowest percentage above will be #5.

Loneviking

imported post

I was out at my local gun range this last Friday, thinking about some of this stuff. I know the anti's standard line of 'more guns leads to more violence'. But, if that's true, shouldn't a gun range be the most violent place on earth? Here I am, surrounded by dozens of folks I don't know, all of us armed to the teeth and putting dozens (if not hundreds) of rounds downrange.....and yet, there's no violence going on. No one getting shot; no one being threatened with sudden death, just a nice bunch of folks enjoying a sunny day.

Need to go downrange to change targets? Just let the line know and breaks will happen to let you go...in spite of the range not having a rangemaster or anyone else in charge.

Curious about a gun? Lots of shooters will let you examine, and often even shoot what they have. I met a party that had all revolvers, and with me being a wheelgunner, I had a good time comparing models along with seeing how they shoot.

New to the area? Great place to meet new friends.

Need shooting tips or need to know how a chrono works? Likely someone will help you out.

Now if I could just drag a bunch of the sheeple that follow the anti crowd out of ignorance down to the range, maybe we could beat the anti's once and for all! Then again, as crowded as my local range has been these past few weeks, maybe that's what IS happening!

Alexcabbie

imported post

I have a good friend who used to own a popular nightclub in arlington amd who has two teenagers. She has been adamantly anti-gun since I have known her. But this past summer she pointed with pride to her daughter's high score in her NRA-sponsored summer camp rifle competition.

I cannot mention my friend's naqme here but if i did you could look her up on Wikipedia, and I think I will be able to get her to visit the range with me before New Year's. One step at a time......