Thread: HK USP Torture Testing www.streetpro.com

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

So I guess I can stop fretting over the lint that settles on the hammer between cleanings. .40 USP Compact.

Post imported post

Hmmm... I was already planning on getting an H&K... Just one more reason to keep it at the top of the list! Thanks!

Banned

Post imported post

I may have been carrying my HK USPc .40 for ten years, some under exceptional conditions.

I am a moderately serious 'bicyclist' that rode on the coast of South Carolina for three hours every day (fittness rides alone totaling 40K miles) and armed with my HK. Everyday it came out of its CCW holster with perspiration running out of it. Every day it got wiped down with a dry rag and only occasionally with an oily rag. At some point I changed the slide-lock, for a spot of rust that appeared, without charge and with great helpfulness from HK.

Mine has passed my torture test.

Post imported post

+1 on the USPc .45. It's gravy.

Post imported post

I have an H&K USP .45. I have owned it for almost 10 years and it has performed flawlesly. It has never been to a gunsmith for any repair or modification, it has been submerged many times in both fresh and salt water and is carried daily. I have the H&K tactical light for it as well and holsters to accomodate the pistol with or with out the light. It is by far the best handgun I have ever owned and I will not ever part with it.

Post imported post

I have an H&K USP Tactical (Full Size in .45 ACP) and I've never had a failure to feed, failure to extract, stovepipe, or any other type of jam. It is incredibly accurate, even after 400 rounds have been through it without a cleaning. (I would normally clean much more often than that.) Cleaningthe barrelafter a weekend of intense shooting in extremely adverse weather was a snap, taking only 3 wet patches, 3 dry patches, and one oiled patch. Cleaning the rest of the pistol was simple as well.

Amazing firearms... When the 1911's started to jam, the H&K kept printing tight groups.

Post imported post

That's a pretty lame Torture Test. Seeing is beleiving.

One Picture ?

Heck I could host a site and write alot of cool stuff about a hi-point and it would be the same quality as this link.

A quick google search will provide you with some pictures and videos where the HK failed against the Glock. That test is well documented with lots of photo's.

I can't view it from work, but just google "Glock vs HK Torture Test".

All Guns FAIL, when you subject them to COMPLETLEY uncommon and ridiculous testing.

Even Glocks.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    I have an H&K USP Tactical (Full Size in .45 ACP) and I've never had a failure to feed, failure to extract, stovepipe, or any other type of jam. It is incredibly accurate, even after 400 rounds have been through it without a cleaning. (I would normally clean much more often than that.) Cleaningthe barrelafter a weekend of intense shooting in extremely adverse weather was a snap, taking only 3 wet patches, 3 dry patches, and one oiled patch. Cleaning the rest of the pistol was simple as well.

Amazing firearms... When the 1911's started to jam, the H&K kept printing tight groups.
    400 rounds isn't all that much really. I've put 1000+ through my Kimber without cleaning it, and no failures. I would not suggest it on a regular basis and never with a defense piece, but it went through two days of competition, with two users, no problem.

As for the cleaning, this hasmore to do with the loads that you firethan it does with the gun.

Banned

Post imported post

I have been taught and believe that excessive cleaning is the major source of wear in a modern firearm using quality ammunition.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    I have been taught and believe that excessive cleaning is the major source of wear in a modern firearm using quality ammunition.
    Just out of curiosity Doug, do you care to elaborate on "excessive" in this context?

Where, you, the Government, sends me, , Germany

Post imported post

Dont think this is real. Has anyone ever grabbed anything bare handed at that temperature? :what:

Banned

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Just out of curiosity Doug, do you care to elaborate on "excessive" in this context?
    Cleaning - brushing the bore - just because you've been to the range.

As I have told here before, I field stripped my CCW every day to dry it of perspiration and perhaps weekly wiped with an oily rag. While I was shooting regularly I used a tooth brush after the range and brushed the bore a few times a year. And then I used a non-woven nylon patch that Hoppes used to sell rather than bronze.

Banned

Post imported post

fxdwngflyr wrote:
    Dont think this is real. Has anyone ever grabbed anything bare handed at that temperature? :what:
    Looking at the 'left insert', the hand holding the pistol is gloved I believe.

As to bare-handing at -44F, there is a difference between a metal's specific heat capacity and an organic/plastic which is much lower.

I went to school at INEL through the winter of 70 - 71 and with a week of -40F and recall no changes in ordinary life. We wore light work jackets and boondockers to walk a hundred yards to the cafeteria and sometimes to a thermometer hanging on the perimeter fence to marvel at -40F.

Post imported post

Gordie wrote:
    400 rounds isn't all that much really. I've put 1000+ through my Kimber without cleaning it, and no failures. I would not suggest it on a regular basis and never with a defense piece, but it went through two days of competition, with two users, no problem.

As for the cleaning, this hasmore to do with the loads that you firethan it does with the gun.
    This is true, 400 rounds is not much. Although the weekend was not a competition, it was intense shooting. I normally inspect,clean, and oilafter each time at the range.

I'm not worried about "over cleaning" a polygonal bore.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    Gordie wrote:

This is true, 400 rounds is not much. Although the weekend was not a competition, it was intense shooting. I normally inspect,clean, and oilafter each time at the range.

What exactly is "intense shooting"?

In our matches we use a"manvs. man" format where you shoot against another person. You not only have to shoot accurately, butfaster than the other person. According to a LE firearms instructor that regularly attends our matches, the only way to get more "intense" is to have return fire coming your way.

At some of our steel plate matches we have team events.2 teams on the line at a time, 3 shooters on each team, as many as 30 targets ( but usually about 20) for each team, when the horn sounds, fire. The first team to clear their targets, wins. It's amazing how quickly it's over.

This was taken at one of our pin matches. We have since made it a little more interesting by adding another level of pins under the tables:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgUX1hpa64s

If you want to talk volume:

http://www.paraord.com/new/product_record.php

Note the color of the stainless steel barrel. That was hot!

This was at another pin match, it isn't real fast, but it is pretty cool. Her dad (standing safety behind her) is soooooo proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSG5...eature=related

Post imported post

Gordie wrote:
    shad0wfax wrote:
    Gordie wrote:

What exactly is "intense shooting"?

In our matches we use a"manvs. man" format where you shoot against another person. You not only have to shoot accurately, butfaster than the other person. According to a LE firearms instructor that regularly attends our matches, the only way to get more "intense" is to have return fire coming your way.

At some of our steel plate matches we have team events.2 teams on the line at a time, 3 shooters on each team, as many as 30 targets ( but usually about 20) for each team, when the horn sounds, fire. The first team to clear their targets, wins. It's amazing how quickly it's over.

This was taken at one of our pin matches. We have since made it a little more interesting by adding another level of pins under the tables:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgUX1hpa64s

If you want to talk volume:

http://www.paraord.com/new/product_record.php

Note the color of the stainless steel barrel. That was hot!

This was at another pin match, it isn't real fast, but it is pretty cool. Her dad (standing safety behind her) is soooooo proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSG5...eature=related

I've watched that entire video with Todd J. Very immpressive to say the LEAST.

Anypistol that can shoot 1,000 rounds CONTINUOUSLY, & FLAWLESSLY is worth having IMO.
    Even though I'm an SA Fan, I'd buy a PXT 1911 if I could.