Thread: Eric Holder as Attorney General

Post imported post

Here is a new example for us to worry in the Obama Administration. This guy supported the DC ban and filed a brief stating as much. Pulled this from Wiki:

"While the D.C. v. Heller Supreme Court case was being decided in 2008, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.[22][/suP] Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

[/suP]

Post imported post

It's worse.

"Eric H. Holder, Jr. served as Deputy Attorney General of the United States from 1997 to 2001, and Acting Attorney General in 2001. He also served as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia from 1993 to 1997."

Post imported post

Hmmmm, is it just me, or did anyone else see that he graduated from Columbia Law School as did nObama?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

strangewayfarer wrote:
    Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

[/suP]
    We can only hope that this is so.

Funny howHolder rationalized the stripping of a basic human right, and civil right, from the populace in the name of keeping legally posessed property out of the hands of the victims. A very big state tool.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

F.U.C.K. Holder.

Post imported post

Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING?? I don't know about you all, but I am beginnig to smell a big fat rat. I mean besides all the stinking big fat rats we already smell. Obama runs against Hil and ranks her to the dogs, then hires her and all her pals to run things?? Can you say blackmail?? can you say "sword of Damocles"?

I will bet dollars to donuts that the intrigues involved in all this are as Byzantine as anything that went on in the Third Reich, and quite possibly more so.

Let'sstay tuned. This should be good, because eventually somebody is going to blab. Or plan to, and wind up like Vince Foster. Robert Ludlum couldn't make stuff like this up.

Post imported post

It had been said that America would rather elect a black man than a white woman... But still, she will have control?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING?? I don't know about you all, but I am beginnig to smell a big fat rat. I mean besides all the stinking big fat rats we already smell. Obama runs against Hil and ranks her to the dogs, then hires her and all her pals to run things?? Can you say blackmail?? can you say "sword of Damocles"?

I will bet dollars to donuts that the intrigues involved in all this are as Byzantine as anything that went on in the Third Reich, and quite possibly more so.

Let'sstay tuned. This should be good, because eventually somebody is going to blab. Or plan to, and wind up like Vince Foster. Robert Ludlum couldn't make stuff like this up.
    You know a couple of months ago I might say you're paranoid, but not anymore. I too am very surprised at his choices so far.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING??
    "Change" isnt what it used to be. Those expecting a breath of fresh air will see familiar faces from the Clinton regime... the anticipation of a young, progressive, and fresh administration will be replaced with "WTF? who are all these old people?". Hopefully, this will play in our favor come mid-term elections.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

There's something to be said for paranoia, controlled paranoia is called *situational awareness* LOL. Seems I can never get away from it, as in the movie *Stripes* Aaaaaaaarmy Training SIR !
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Situational awareness, being ever watchful for danger, is not paranoia. Only those who go through life with blinders on, pretending that there is no danger would think so. They can only hope that if trouble comes that it will pass them by. Hope is not a strategy. I'll take s.a. over blind hope any day.

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    Hmm... Why don't we vote for Democrats in general? I'll vote for a 2nd amendment democrat, but they're even harder to find than Republican 2A supporters. But here's the real kicker, voting for 2A supporting democrats puts the gun grabbers is positions of power. Darned if we do and darned if we don't!
    Remember the rule for quicksand: Struggle too hard and it will pull you under. Move slowly and deliberately and you will stand above the slime, safe from harm. Ever take a look at AiKiDo? Fascinating discipline, that. Turns brute force against itself. I am just a brown belt in ShoToKan, and my last formal training was in 1973 but I remember it. I know all this stuff sounds like ti comes out of a fortune cookie, but really it is good strategy. Anybody ever read Sun-Tzu?

Post imported post

The Art of War, know it well. Need to reread it tho'. Cuz it's fixin to ,,storm,, Keep your powder dry

Post imported post

I hope he is asked tough gun rights questions in his Senate confirmation hearing, i.e; the Heller decision and his duty as Attorney General to uphold the individual right.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Aww c'mon, with a Democratic Congress,,,you dreamin' or what?

Post imported post

As I've always said, you can't trust a commie. BETTER DEAD THAN RED! (and not red as in republican)

Post imported post

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Post imported post

Honestly, the guy is scum, but he's hardly a commie. Neo-fascist is more like it.

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    Aww c'mon, with a Democratic Congress,,,you dreamin' or what?
    Not Dreaming. Republicans are still allowed to ask questions in the senate judiciary committee where the dirtbag will have to answer questions.

Post imported post

This is the FAX that I sent all Republican Senators this morning (I'll catch all the Democrats tonight and tomorrow morning):

ABSOLUTELY “NO” on ERIC HOLDER CONFIRMATION! AND NO “assault weapon” ban – PERIOD![/b]
    [/b]
    Eric Holder is a RABID anti-gunner and makes NO bones about his total disdain for the Second Amendment:[/b]
    [/b]
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/h...21/153808.html[/b]
    [/b]
    “[/b]As deputy attorney general in the Bill Clinton administration from 1997 to 2001, Holder “was a strong supporter of restrictive gun control,” according to The Volokh Conspiracy, a Web site that focuses on the legal system and the courts.
    He advocated federal licensing of handgun owners, a three-day waiting period on handgun sales, rationing handgun sales to no more than one per month, banning possession of handguns and so-called "assault weapons" by anyone under age 21, a gun show restriction bill that would have given the federal government the power to shut down all gun shows, and national gun registration.”
    “ Earlier this year, Holder — who would become the first African-American attorney general — co-signed an amicus brief in support[/b] of the District of Columbia’s ban on all handguns and on the use of any firearm for self-defense in the home.”
    And this: http://volokh.com/posts/1227228105.shtml :
    “At the oral argument before the Fifth Circuit in United States v. Emerson, the Assistant U.S. Attorney told the panel that the Second Amendment was no barrier to gun confiscation, not even of the confiscation of guns from on-duty National Guardsmen[/b].”
    You can not – and indeed MUST not – vote for confirmation of this man as A.G..

Thank you.
    (Signed) "[/b]

And this is why:

"Gun Owners of America Opposes Attorney General Nominee
    -- Urge Your Senators to Vote "NO" on Eric Holder

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://www.gunowners.org

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Barack Obama is wasting no time poking a sharp stick in the eyes of
    gun owners.

The incoming President's choice for U.S. Attorney General, Eric
    Holder, is an anti-gun extremist who has assailed gun owners since
    his days in the Bill Clinton administration.

Holder, who served as Deputy Attorney General from 1997-2001,
    supports a 3-day waiting period for handgun purchases,
    one-gun-a-month rationing, licensing and registration of all gun
    owners, mandatory so-called smart gun technology, a lifetime gun ban
    for certain juvenile offenses and regulating gun shows out of
    existence.

As Janet Reno's top deputy, Eric Holder was the go to guy on gun
    control issues. In a 1999 statement, Holder told members of Congress
    not to cave in to "the special interest that value the cold hard
    steel of guns more than the lives of children, neighbors and police
    officers," and urged them to pass legislation that would have
    destroyed the gun show industry.

Gun Owners of America members flooded the Congress with postcards and
    e-mails and stopped Holder's gun control plan.

In 2000, Holder was instrumental in the Clinton Administration's
    effort to strong arm firearms manufacturers into voluntarily
    accepting regulations that had stalled in the Congress.

In a brazen legislation-by-extortion plot, the federal government
    filed suit against gun makers but offered to drop the suit if the
    companies would bow to the administration's demands.

Again, GOA and its members took the lead in opposing Holder and the
    Clinton Administration and slowed down implementation of the
    agreement until it completely went away when Clinton left office.

One company went along with the deal but after intense pressure from
    gun owners, no others joined the unholy alliance.

After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, in an op-ed in the Washington Post,
    Holder pushed for more gun control and greater restrictions on gun
    shows, even though the terrorists were armed with box cutters that
    could be purchased at any hardware store.

Just last year, Holder joined Janet Reno and 11 other former Justice
    Department officials in an amicus brief before the Supreme Court
    arguing in favor of the gun ban in Washington D.C.

The Holder/Reno brief also took the position that the Second
    Amendment protects a collective government right, not an individual
    right.

GOA and its members have defeated Eric Holder and his agenda in the
    past, and we need to do it again. The Holder nomination is subject
    to Senate confirmation in a vote which is set to occur at any time.

Gun Owners of America has asked all members of the U.S. Senate to
    reject this anti-Second Amendment activist.

Now we're urging gun owners across the country to contact their own
    Senators and insist that they vote "NO" on Eric Holder.

ACTION: Please use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm to send your Senators the
    pre-written e-mail message below.

----- Prewritten Letter -----

Dear Senator:

Barack Obama's selection of Eric Holder for U.S. Attorney General is
    unacceptable to gun owners.

Eric Holder supports a three day waiting period for gun purchases,
    licensing and registration of all gun owners, driving gun shows into
    extinction, and much more.

I urge you to vote "NO" on the Holder nomination. "

I urge each and every one of you who own a FAX machine to get busy tonight and early tomorrow morning and do the same thing.

Holder will be hell-on-earth for gun owners, if you don't. Pete

Post imported post

James Dobson's CITIZENLINK newsletter discussed the Eric Holder nomination today. Many segments of society have big problems with this guy. The newsletter urges residents of states with Senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee to contact them.

FYI, the members of the Committee are:

Democrats
    Patrick Leahy, Chairman Vermont
    Edward Kennedy - Massachusetts
    Joseph R. Biden, Jr. - Delaware
    Herb Kohl - Wisconsin
    Dianne Feinstein - California
    Russ Feingold - Wisconsin
    Chuck Schumer - New York
    Richard Durbin - Illinois
    Benjamin Cardin - Maryland
    Sheldon Whitehouse - Rhode Island

Republicans
    Arlen Specter, Ranking Member - Pennsylvania
    Orrin Hatch - Utah
    Chuck Grassley - Iowa
    Jon Kyl - Arizona
    Jeff Sessions - Alabama
    Lindsey Graham - South Carolina
    John Cornyn - Texas
    Sam Brownback - Kansas
    Tom Coburn - Oklahoma

TFred

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000009073.cfm

----------------------------------------------
    TOP STORY
    ----------------------------------------------
    Take Action: Ask Senate Committee to Grill AG Nominee
    by Jennifer Mesko, editor

SUMMARY: 'There are a number of items in Mr. Holder's
    background which raise a question.'

Would-be Attorney General Eric Holder will face questioning Thursday
    before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Hopefully, some of the questions
    will deal with pro-family issues.

Holder served as President Clinton's deputy attorney general, and now
    President-elect Barack Obama has nominated him to be the nation's top
    lawyer.

Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., ranking member on the Judiciary Committee,
    is leading the fight against Holder.

"It is very important the attorney general be independent,"
    he told CitizenLink, "and there are a number of items in Mr.
    Holder's background which raise a question about that."

Specter said Holder will need to address issues key to the family like
    obscenity prosecution and human trafficking.

Holder has testified in support of hate-crimes legislation, which would
    create a new class of crimes based on sexual orientation. As deputy
    attorney general, he was a strong supporter of restrictive gun control.

Focus on the Family and other pro-family groups submitted questions to
    key senators on the Judiciary Committee.

Ashley Horne, federal policy analyst at Focus on the Family Action,
    said: "We will be watching closely to see whether Republican
    senators stand up for our issues by asking the tough questions.

"We'll also keep an eye on Holder to see if he intends to
    aggressively enforce adult-obscenity laws. But it doesn't look
    good."

TAKE ACTION
    If one of your U.S. senators serves on the Judiciary Committee, please
    call today and request that Eric Holder be forced to answer questions
    on pro-family [AND pro-gun!] issues.
    To check the committee list, and to find contact
    information, please visit our Action Center.

http://capwiz.com/fof/utr/1/EYTDJPKU...UPE/2782656211

FOR MORE INFORMATION
    The Family Research Council is tracking Eric Holder and President-elect
    Barack Obama's other Cabinet picks.

http://capwiz.com/fof/utr/1/EYTDJPKU...PF/2782656211/