• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Holder as Attorney General

strangewayfarer

imported post

Here is a new example for us to worry in the Obama Administration. This guy supported the DC ban and filed a brief stating as much. Pulled this from Wiki:

"While the D.C. v. Heller Supreme Court case was being decided in 2008, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.[22][/suP] Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

[/suP]

ufcfanvt

imported post

It's worse.

"Eric H. Holder, Jr. served as Deputy Attorney General of the United States from 1997 to 2001, and Acting Attorney General in 2001. He also served as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia from 1993 to 1997."

Thundar

imported post

strangewayfarer wrote:
Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

[/suP]

We can only hope that this is so.

Funny howHolder rationalized the stripping of a basic human right, and civil right, from the populace in the name of keeping legally posessed property out of the hands of the victims. A very big state tool.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING?? I don't know about you all, but I am beginnig to smell a big fat rat. I mean besides all the stinking big fat rats we already smell. Obama runs against Hil and ranks her to the dogs, then hires her and all her pals to run things?? Can you say blackmail?? can you say "sword of Damocles"?

I will bet dollars to donuts that the intrigues involved in all this are as Byzantine as anything that went on in the Third Reich, and quite possibly more so.

Let'sstay tuned. This should be good, because eventually somebody is going to blab. Or plan to, and wind up like Vince Foster. Robert Ludlum couldn't make stuff like this up.

MetalChris

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING?? I don't know about you all, but I am beginnig to smell a big fat rat. I mean besides all the stinking big fat rats we already smell. Obama runs against Hil and ranks her to the dogs, then hires her and all her pals to run things?? Can you say blackmail?? can you say "sword of Damocles"?

I will bet dollars to donuts that the intrigues involved in all this are as Byzantine as anything that went on in the Third Reich, and quite possibly more so.

Let'sstay tuned. This should be good, because eventually somebody is going to blab. Or plan to, and wind up like Vince Foster. Robert Ludlum couldn't make stuff like this up.
You know a couple of months ago I might say you're paranoid, but not anymore. I too am very surprised at his choices so far.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Funny how Obama is hiring al these Clintonistas, and even has Old Lady Hillary for Secretary of State. Hmmmmmm....... Could it be the Clintons and their gang ......KNOW SOMETHING??
"Change" isnt what it used to be. Those expecting a breath of fresh air will see familiar faces from the Clinton regime... the anticipation of a young, progressive, and fresh administration will be replaced with "WTF? who are all these old people?". Hopefully, this will play in our favor come mid-term elections.

KansasMustang

imported post

There's something to be said for paranoia, controlled paranoia is called *situational awareness* LOL. Seems I can never get away from it, as in the movie *Stripes* Aaaaaaaarmy Training SIR !

Gordie

imported post

Situational awareness, being ever watchful for danger, is not paranoia. Only those who go through life with blinders on, pretending that there is no danger would think so. They can only hope that if trouble comes that it will pass them by. Hope is not a strategy. I'll take s.a. over blind hope any day.

Alexcabbie

imported post

hlh wrote:
Hmm... Why don't we vote for Democrats in general? I'll vote for a 2nd amendment democrat, but they're even harder to find than Republican 2A supporters. But here's the real kicker, voting for 2A supporting democrats puts the gun grabbers is positions of power. Darned if we do and darned if we don't!

Remember the rule for quicksand: Struggle too hard and it will pull you under. Move slowly and deliberately and you will stand above the slime, safe from harm. Ever take a look at AiKiDo? Fascinating discipline, that. Turns brute force against itself. I am just a brown belt in ShoToKan, and my last formal training was in 1973 but I remember it. I know all this stuff sounds like ti comes out of a fortune cookie, but really it is good strategy. Anybody ever read Sun-Tzu?

Thundar

imported post

I hope he is asked tough gun rights questions in his Senate confirmation hearing, i.e; the Heller decision and his duty as Attorney General to uphold the individual right.

Thundar

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Aww c'mon, with a Democratic Congress,,,you dreamin' or what?
Not Dreaming. Republicans are still allowed to ask questions in the senate judiciary committee where the dirtbag will have to answer questions.

spy1

imported post

This is the FAX that I sent all Republican Senators this morning (I'll catch all the Democrats tonight and tomorrow morning):

ABSOLUTELY “NO” on ERIC HOLDER CONFIRMATION! AND NO “assault weapon” ban – PERIOD![/b]
[/b]
Eric Holder is a RABID anti-gunner and makes NO bones about his total disdain for the Second Amendment:[/b]
[/b]
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/holder_gun_control/2008/11/21/153808.html[/b]
[/b]
“[/b]As deputy attorney general in the Bill Clinton administration from 1997 to 2001, Holder “was a strong supporter of restrictive gun control,” according to The Volokh Conspiracy, a Web site that focuses on the legal system and the courts.
He advocated federal licensing of handgun owners, a three-day waiting period on handgun sales, rationing handgun sales to no more than one per month, banning possession of handguns and so-called "assault weapons" by anyone under age 21, a gun show restriction bill that would have given the federal government the power to shut down all gun shows, and national gun registration.”
“ Earlier this year, Holder — who would become the first African-American attorney general — co-signed an amicus brief in support[/b] of the District of Columbia’s ban on all handguns and on the use of any firearm for self-defense in the home.”
And this: http://volokh.com/posts/1227228105.shtml :
“At the oral argument before the Fifth Circuit in United States v. Emerson, the Assistant U.S. Attorney told the panel that the Second Amendment was no barrier to gun confiscation, not even of the confiscation of guns from on-duty National Guardsmen[/b].”
You can not – and indeed MUST not – vote for confirmation of this man as A.G..

Thank you.
(Signed) "[/b]

And this is why:

"Gun Owners of America Opposes Attorney General Nominee
-- Urge Your Senators to Vote "NO" on Eric Holder

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
http://www.gunowners.org

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Barack Obama is wasting no time poking a sharp stick in the eyes of
gun owners.

The incoming President's choice for U.S. Attorney General, Eric
Holder, is an anti-gun extremist who has assailed gun owners since
his days in the Bill Clinton administration.

Holder, who served as Deputy Attorney General from 1997-2001,
supports a 3-day waiting period for handgun purchases,
one-gun-a-month rationing, licensing and registration of all gun
owners, mandatory so-called smart gun technology, a lifetime gun ban
for certain juvenile offenses and regulating gun shows out of
existence.

As Janet Reno's top deputy, Eric Holder was the go to guy on gun
control issues. In a 1999 statement, Holder told members of Congress
not to cave in to "the special interest that value the cold hard
steel of guns more than the lives of children, neighbors and police
officers," and urged them to pass legislation that would have
destroyed the gun show industry.

Gun Owners of America members flooded the Congress with postcards and
e-mails and stopped Holder's gun control plan.

In 2000, Holder was instrumental in the Clinton Administration's
effort to strong arm firearms manufacturers into voluntarily
accepting regulations that had stalled in the Congress.

In a brazen legislation-by-extortion plot, the federal government
filed suit against gun makers but offered to drop the suit if the
companies would bow to the administration's demands.

Again, GOA and its members took the lead in opposing Holder and the
Clinton Administration and slowed down implementation of the
agreement until it completely went away when Clinton left office.

One company went along with the deal but after intense pressure from
gun owners, no others joined the unholy alliance.

After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, in an op-ed in the Washington Post,
Holder pushed for more gun control and greater restrictions on gun
shows, even though the terrorists were armed with box cutters that
could be purchased at any hardware store.

Just last year, Holder joined Janet Reno and 11 other former Justice
Department officials in an amicus brief before the Supreme Court
arguing in favor of the gun ban in Washington D.C.

The Holder/Reno brief also took the position that the Second
Amendment protects a collective government right, not an individual
right.

GOA and its members have defeated Eric Holder and his agenda in the
past, and we need to do it again. The Holder nomination is subject
to Senate confirmation in a vote which is set to occur at any time.

Gun Owners of America has asked all members of the U.S. Senate to
reject this anti-Second Amendment activist.

Now we're urging gun owners across the country to contact their own
Senators and insist that they vote "NO" on Eric Holder.

ACTION: Please use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at
http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm to send your Senators the
pre-written e-mail message below.

----- Prewritten Letter -----

Dear Senator:

Barack Obama's selection of Eric Holder for U.S. Attorney General is
unacceptable to gun owners.

Eric Holder supports a three day waiting period for gun purchases,
licensing and registration of all gun owners, driving gun shows into
extinction, and much more.

I urge you to vote "NO" on the Holder nomination. "

I urge each and every one of you who own a FAX machine to get busy tonight and early tomorrow morning and do the same thing.

Holder will be hell-on-earth for gun owners, if you don't. Pete