• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good plan for Obama

Chaingun81

imported post

Hey, i was reading Nobama's agenda on change.gov and that gave me a brilliant idea. How about banning importation of all firearms and ammunition and require that all of them are fully manufactured in the US? That will accomplish 3 tasks from Nobama's agenda at once:

1) Create jobs :celebrate

2) Support manufacturers who give jobs to Americans instead of shipping them overseas :celebrate

3) Create "sensible gun control measures" that "respect 2nd amendment rights of law-abiding Americans":celebrate

Whatcha say Barack?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The market is telling BOG Brother what it thinks of him and his crewes policies as loudly as it can.

The democratic Democrat fools may have spoken at the ballot box but the capitalists will have the last word at the cash box.

Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to Obamination is futile. BOG Brother is watching.

Chaingun81

imported post

I agree - i am all for free market and free trade and no restrictions on guns whatsoever (except not selling to convicted violent criminals). I was trying to show how you can take his agenda and satisfy 3 parts of it, including the gun control one, with a measure which will not reduce access to guns. Just shows you how substanceless his agenda is if you can twist it like that without much modification...

Chaingun81

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
The market is telling BOG Brother what it thinks of him and his crewes policies as loudly as it can.

The democratic Democrat fools may have spoken at the ballot box but the capitalists will have the last word at the cash box.

Prepare to be assimilated by the BOG. Resistance to Obamination is futile. BOG Brother is watching.
Sorry for my ignorance, but does BOG stand for?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

George Orwell's 'Nineteen Eighty-four' has proven entirely correct but for its misspelling of 'BOG Brother'.

That His given name so closely resembles the fictional hive-collective is too delicious to resist.

The Borg are depicted as an amalgam of cybernetically enhanced humanoid drones of multiple species, organized as an inter-connected collective with a hive mind, inhabiting a vast region of space with many planets and ships. They operate towards one single-minded purpose: to add the biological and technological distinctiveness of other species to their own, in pursuit of perfection. This is achieved through forced assimilation, a process which transforms individuals and technology into Borg, enhancing individuals by adding synthetic components.
Read nations in place of species and agit-prop in place of synthetic components.

That the epithet is effective has been demonstrated by its deletion from other less open minded forums. The collective's conspiracy of ignorance masquerades a as common sense.

Legba

imported post

"Bog" is Russian for "god" - dunno if that was the intent or a coincidence. Might also be a variant of "ZOG" from The Turner Diaries - in this case "Barack Occupation Government," perhaps.

-ljp

Doug Huffman

Banned