• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Black Friday!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unless you count surfing the web for bargains, I will be among thosenot venturing into a retail establishment the day after Thanksgiving - especially NOT one that is advertising for the purpose of drawing huge crowds of shoppers.

First, the places will be crowded. I do not like crowds (has nothing to do with PTSD, although that adds to my dislike of crowds). Crowds make it more likely that one will be bumped. Crowds make it more lilkely there will be pickpockets working the crowds. Crowds make it more likely emotions will be on edge, and that road rage will continue inside as shoppers are cut off by carts and obnoxious family teams hell-bent on getting that last Laughing Hysterically Elmo doll. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10040333

Second, the only items I would want to buy are either out-of-stock or have increased so much in price that I cannot afford them. Just search for evil guns or .45acp ammo and see what I mean.

Third, because there will be crowds (see above) there will be no available parking spaces (see comment re: road rage above).

Finally, this is my usual luck looking for Black Friday bargains
attheendoftherainbow.jpg

stay safe.

skidmark

IrRelevant

imported post

Great responses, i feel the same exact way, and always have. But i was looking to try my luck this year. Have never shopped a black friday a year in my life.

I did however find some great bargains online that i want to try and catch. :celebrate

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

With luck I'll be OCing a .308Win in the woods.

(Without any luck I'll be driving my truck back to Blacksburg because I couldn't get out of town quick enough after dinner Thursday).

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
...I will be among thosenot venturing into a retail establishment the day after Thanksgiving - especially NOT one that is advertising for the purpose of drawing huge crowds of shoppers.
Same here!

curtiswr

imported post

I might go out and look around. I like to watch people/observe. And sometimes crowds can be fun. I will definitely OC if I do.

Tomahawk

imported post

And on the 8th day, He created the internet for those of us who hate shopping and wrestling with crazy women over Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle-Me Elmos, and other assorted garbage.

doug23838

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
And on the 8th day, He created the internet for those of us who hate shopping and wrestling with crazy women over Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle-Me Elmos, and other assorted garbage.

Pffftt..

Al Gore invented the internet.

He said so.

Kevin108

imported post

I might OC when I go to my parents' place to eat left overs.

There is no point in getting up at the crack of dawn to have to claw your way through a crowd to save a few dollars on some crappy sale item. I played that game for the first time last year.

If I had worked a good side job the same amount of time I spent standing in line freezing and waiting on the store to open, I probably could have made enough extra cash to pay full MSRP for the item I went after. It's a stupid, stupid waste of time.

Besides, most people are just out to get electronics on the cheap and then put them on eBay where you can still get them well below retail. So sleep in, stay warm, and click around some later that day.