• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FAS v. OFA?

kparker

imported post

Like Kraz, I can unconditionally recommend FAS; I've had great experiences there.

What I can't do is compare it to OFA, given that I have no experience there; for all I know they might be every bit as good as FAS.

Marty Hayes

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
This is kind of off topic, but has anyone taken the FAS Defensive Shotgun Class? I'm considering taking that class in the Spring.

Marty: If you're reading this, is there a place online where students can offer up comments about classes they have taken there?

No there isn't. We sometimes get mentioned on forums such as this though. Regarding what you will get in our FAS Defensive Shotgun Class, is 8 hours of manipulation and shooting instruction, with a small dose of classroom work to break up the physical aspect of the class. I would say this class exceeds most police training with that weapon. It is geared for the person choosing a shotgun for home defense. Hope that helps.

Regarding the original post FAS v. OFA, I can say with some degree of certainty, that OFA is a class act, and if you go there, you should not be dissapointed. I haven't trained with them personally, but all the reports I hear are good. A few of their students and instructors have come here, and all have acquitted themselves well.

I suggest you come here to FAS, and your wife go to OFA. When you get back, have a shoot off, and report back who is the winner! (Just kidding).

Marty

adamsesq

imported post

Thanks Marty. I have known about OFS for a while but just learned of FAS here on this site. Have some research today.

The shootout probably won't happen (unless I screw up something/somewhere and tick her off again.) We like to train together and work as a team!

-adamsesq