• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bought a G23C the other day

JDriver1.8t

imported post

So when are we having the dinner in Cary? I picked up a nice new holster as well.
I'm waiting for it to arrive now from the store's 'warehouse'.
Then I will post some pictures, because who doesn't like gun pron?

JohnHoliday

imported post

Great Gun, I actually bought one once, but then sold it. Still wish I had it some of these days.

Not sure about the dinner time yet, nothing is planned.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Surprisingly, I did not notice much difference between firing the C model and non-C model. I will be getting a non-C barrel shortly to compare back to back.
There is one truth I found: The front sight gets filthy. This would not be a problem in HD or SD, but for range time it is noticable. The last two pictures are after ~120 rounds. At that point, the front dot was nearly invisible, but was easily cleaned up with a little spit on my finger.

DSC03018.jpg

ga_repoman

imported post

If your looking for a new barrel look into a lone wolf barrel's
they are stainless steel and can be both ported and non
but they are sweet looking and durable
got one on my g19 along with the extender takedown lever and mag release.

check them out....
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=238

just make sure you order an undercover version they then put the logo on the underside instead of the top....

Ratt402

imported post

I just bought a G23C from the Gun Rack in K'Ville. Was very happy with the price. I had a G23, thought the "C" would be nice. Can't help myself, I love a Glock! Not much difference, but there is some. I have never bought after market items for it before. So if anyone has any helpful hints or ideas, please feel free to let me know. I like the idea of the LoneWolf barrel, so that is on my list-to-get!

Semper Fi !

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I have:

LW non-comp barrel in .40

LW 40-9 conversion barrel

Glock 32 .357sig barrel

The sub-compact guns can use the barrels out of the compacts, so I essentially have a G19, 23, 23C, 32, 26, 27, 33 all in two frames.