• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

five round mags?

Godscreation

imported post

So I'm at Hyatt Gun shop buying my AK when the sales person said, "Good thing your getting this now, because in January you will only be allowed to have 5 round clips (I almost pulled out my clip police badge but let it slide). Is this an Obama gun ban rumor? Or is this real? I can't find anything on this. It could have been a sales trick to make me panick and buy 50,000 more magazines at his store. Who else has heard of this?

I had another gun owner at an unrelated place say that NC is trying to pass a bill that would only allow people who's job it is to have a gun get a CHP. OC would be fine, but no CHPs unless you are security, LEO, or armored truck people ect. He said the NRA is fighting this bill. He said it should pass and was for it, even though he was a CHP holder and his job was a computer repairman.

ghoststan

imported post

obama want to bring the assult weapon ban again but this time he want it forever and that includes the hig cap mags but we are looking around 2010 for sometime to happen so buy what u can now cuz will get hard as time goes on..i voted mc cain so who ever voted obama and is a gun owner is at fault

JohnHoliday

imported post

Obama has said he wants to ban concealed carry, but he won't be able to.

There is a possibility hi-cap mags will be banned, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.

I think people mass buying are only driving prices up, and there is no real threat.

At least I sure hope not.

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

Obama has never once at any point in time said that he wants to try to ban concealed carry. Those of you who think he has are mistaken, and I invite you to prove otherwise. He has stated on numerous occasions that he supports the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

All of those rumors were pathetic lies made up by people who have supported McCain and the Republican party during the Election campaign in order to try to sway the many millions of gun owner votes. These will slowly wither away now that the Election is over with.

Have a nice day.

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

JohnHoliday wrote:
He has stated he supports the 2nd amendment, and our right to bear arms.

He has also stated he is against concealed carry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4jqZSEo0Q

So, you are saying that audio is faked?

(edit: I may have linked to wrong one, can't listen to it at the moment)

Wow, that was the best "proof" you could find of Barack Obama's position to "ban concealed carry"?

I think you'd better try again..

ghoststan

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
Obama has never once at any point in time said that he wants to try to ban concealed carry. Those of you who think he has are mistaken, and I invite you to prove otherwise. He has stated on numerous occasions that he supports the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

All of those rumors were pathetic lies made up by people who have supported McCain and the Republican party during the Election campaign in order to try to sway the many millions of gun owner votes. These will slowly wither away now that the Election is over with.

Have a nice day.

not rummors but facts when he was a senator he voted everything that was gun control related..

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

When I queried him about the vote, he said, I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry(obama)

not only that joe biden is another gun control freak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkavwuWE5eQ

JohnHoliday

imported post

You didn't answer my question, you don't think that audio is true?

Yes, when I hear him say "I continue to support a ban on concealed carry laws" I believe thats proof that he wants to ban concealed carry.

Just logical for me.

Please answer my question.

ghoststan

imported post

the audio is real don't. Want us to have guns carry them or use them for self defence there is also video of this I can't find it.. Join the NRA or go NRA ila website for all your info

JohnHoliday

imported post

I know the audio is real, I guess Robb just wasn't informed of that. Still, Obama will not have the power to do that, but its still scary having someone that anti-gun in office. However, I don't think he will do anything in his first 4 years. 5 round mags will not be all thats sold anytime in the near future. At least I hope not :D

rscottie

imported post

I wonder if all the Obama supporters on this site that deny all of the documented evidence that he is very anti-gun will write an apology on here whenhe shows his true colors?

They are so deep in denial that they get extremely upset, as witnessed in the exchange above, if anyone dare say anything negative about the chosen one, Obama.

It is very dangerous when people look to a politician as their savior. :(

rscottie

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:

Have a nice day.

He stated during a NPR interview that he supported a ban on concealed carry. Perhaps you are using a play on words bystating "Obama has never once at any point in time said that he wants to try to ban concealedcarry."

The point is, he supports a ban on concealed carry and has stated so, on numerous occasions.If congress sends him abill to sign banning concealed carry, he will sign it.

Here is a link to him stating his support for a concealed carry ban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4jqZSEo0Q

This is not someright wing conspiracy, these are his words.

Rattrapper

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:

Have a nice day.
Do I detect a "TROLL"