• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo hunting

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does anyone know a company that offers .32 Long Colt ammunition? If not, is there something on the market that would be the equivilent? My boss has a small DA/SA Colt DA (District Attorney) model .32 revolver that his wife wants to carry. We haven't found ammo for it. He has an old box of Westerns X .32 Long Colt that seem to fit just right. Colt Shorts don't fit into the cylinder.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
.32 long colt is an obsolete loading and is not the same as .32 S&W long.

Ever so often a box or two will come on the market at high prices - $65-70.00/50 rd.
http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1140

Would suggest that a more modern handgun with a hammer block and cheaper ammo be considered.

Yata hey

OUCH!:what:

IF that's all that can be found, providing that it's the correct round for the revolver, She'll have to try something else. She has week hands and wrist (Dainty) and has a dificult time with semi-auto slides. We tried her on a .32 Sig-Sour semi and she couldn't rack it, plus it recoiled a bit much for her. We're thinking she may need to go with a SA/DA revolver. She tends to want to do too much thinking with semiauto's.

Never could figure why some folks need to make things more complicated than they are.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

.327 mag is an interesting new revolver. A quantity of different weight and power loads will safely chamber and fire from this new handgun designed around the new .327 magnum - recoil of a .38 and foot pounds almost at .357 mag levels when firing magnums. Remember most .32 loads are safe in this gun - check out which ones.

Google .327 mag and get more info than you need.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tripledipper wrote:
Grape, you are alluding to the Ruger SP-101 .327 6shot 3"barrel revolver. Has anyone had any experience with this gun and how easy is it to find ammo?
While ammunition is not available at every shop in .327 mag specifically, it seems to be available when google searched.

Charter Arms also offers a .327 mag revolver. I've heard of some problems surrounding Charter's entry into the field - hopefully they will have resolved this soon.

The nice thing is that you can utilize .32 H&R Magnum and .32 S&W Long ammunition in these handguns - thereby reducing the cost of ammo and the felt recoil.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/327_federal.htm

I really like the ballistics of this little gem and hope that it catches on well.

Yata hey