• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll re college carry rights

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

[align=center]Should concealed handguns be allowed on college campuses? Choice Votes Percentage of 1688 Votes Yes. 850
1444592.gif
50% No. 777
1444592.gif
46% I'm not sure. 61
1444592.gif
4% Thank you for participating in our survey! [/align]

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
Why would someone spend the time to vote "I dunno"?

Because they are the ones still in college, and they won't be smart enough to understand the issue until 10 years after they get their very expensive piece of paper.

RollTideXD

imported post

First of all, I take umbrage at ixtow's comments. I am currently enrolled at university and am going to get my gfl tomorrow in Atlanta.

Secondly, why is it that on so many threads on this forum people who are between the ages of 18 and 23 are treated as insolent children. I understand that I have much less experience than 90+% of the members here, but I have researched enough to make a decision to a) purchase a firearm, and b) to apply for a concealed weapons permit. Believe it or not, ixtow, there are those of us in college who understand the value of the second ammendment.

340mopar

imported post

Should concealed handguns be allowed on college campuses?

Choice
Votes
Percentage of 3858 Votes

Yes.
1444592.gif
67%

No.
1444592.gif
30%

I'm not sure.
1444592.gif
3%

Thank you for participating in our survey! close window

RogueWarrior

imported post

Just Voted

Choice
Votes
Percentage of 3865 Votes

Yes.
1444592.gif
67%

No.
1444592.gif
30%

I'm not sure.
1444592.gif
3%

KansasMustang

imported post

RolltideXD, don't take it so personal. Some of the folks in your age group are terribly uninformed and some are just naive. We all were young once so like other things this too shall pass. We're all glad and proud to have you here among those of us who are not asleep and watching so our freedoms don't erode past the point where we cannot come back.
Yes 67%
no 34%
not sure 2%

American Rattlesnake

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
RolltideXD, don't take it so personal. Some of the folks in your age group are terribly uninformed and some are just naive.
Please name one age group in our time that is not "terribly uninformed and ... just naive."

shad0wfax

imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
RolltideXD, don't take it so personal. Some of the folks in your age group are terribly uninformed and some are just naive.
Please name one age group in our time that is not "terribly uninformed and ... just naive."

As far as I'm concerned"terribly uninformed" and "naïve" are synonymous. I get the impression that the vast majority of people on this earth are naïve.

Perhaps the wordnaïvehas a connotation of innocence and the phrase "terribly uninformed"has a connotation of pure ignorance, but the end result is the same; people are ignorant.

Choice
Votes
Percentage of 3920 Votes

Yes.
1444592.gif
68%

No.
1444592.gif
30%

I'm not sure.
1444592.gif
2%

Thank you for participating in our survey!

MetalChris

imported post

RollTideXD wrote:
Believe it or not...there are those of us in college who understand the value of the second ammendment.
Yet few that know how to spell "amendment." :p