• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, yesterday...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'm draggin' the trash can down my driveway (about 130') 'n I hear a helicopter. This one's low... and near. So I look around 'n here's this light colored chopper with a light on the center of the fuselage. It's gettin' on around 6PM or so. THEN... here comes this white pick-up with a white camper shell like a bat outta hell headin' in my direction (south) much faster than anything should be on this lumpy dirt road... 'like around 50mph... bouncin' like a pogo stick 'n kickin' up this huge dust cloud in it's wake. I've got the Makarov on my hip as he goes flyin' by... I see the camper shell is the type with a vertical door on the back... 'n it's sprung open 'n flappin' in the breeze when he hit these ruts. So... chopper/truck... I make the connection. This dude's runnin'. 'Couldn't tell why 'til the dust cleared. He's a drug runner... 'n two 25-30 lb bales of marihoochie (I smelled it) have bounced out the back of the truck 'n landed in the road. They're all wrapped up'n about 140' apart. This trucks long gone... 'cept for the dust cloud. he's either gonna haf'ta double back... or go east 'cause there's no way else out from that direction. I go out 'nbring these bales back to my gate... 'went in the house... exchanged the Mak for my 1911 'n picked up my shorty Remmie 870 12 ga on the way out the door. 'Told the wife-poo to call 911 'cause I got a load a dope in the driveway that just 'fell off the truck'. She does that... 'n unknown to me breaks out her .40... jacks the slide'n keeps an eye on the back of the ranch in the event whoever owns it may came that way. I slip the tac sling over my neck with the shotgun hangin' off my back (18.25" barrel) 'n keep an eye out to the south in case this yahoo comes back for his dope. My sis-in-law calls her daughter... 'n asks what marahoochie is goin' for in Chicago? She sez... (after some delay) 'About $120. per half pound. I s'pose that's a 'lid'... but I been outt'a the police racket for awhile. So... I'm sittin' on $28,800. worth of Marijuana waitin' for either the runner to return... or a Deputy. Deputy comes first. 'Tell's me the truck lost a wheel... 'n the driver bailed but they caught him. (Yay!) 'Took about 2 hours for the Deputy to arrive.(they're sparse out here)

Now... here's the difference between HERE... 'n some other places. Nuthin's said about my shootin' irons... 'neither of 'em. I told the DeputyI got the shotgun out in case the guy came back... 'n glad I didn't have to use it. He said: "Yeah... me too." End of story. Now... given that response time... ('cause a lot of 'em were involved in the chase I s'pose) is it any wonder why people should be armed? 'Bout 4 hours later... two more Pima Deputies show up inna Durango. These are tactical's from the way they're dressed. This 'huge' dude sez: "We hear you might have some presents for us?" 'Told him another Deputy already recovered the stuff. I'm still heeled with the 1911... Again... no comment about the pistol. 'Tell's me the 'runner' was American tho... 'n they finally got him. Dunno where this event began... but I didn't ask either. They were retracin' his route to see what else might'a fell out.

Michigander

imported post

The cops are like that almost everywhere in AZ. After I got in that accident in the valley, the cops saw my pistol sitting next to me between the seats, and they had no comment until I brought it up, then the new guy said he'd hold onto it until we all left. He also encouraged me to put in a bag as I walked home, but even pointed out that OC would be legal. That was the only anti OC comment I ever heard from a cop in AZ, but he was new.

Of course, now that I'm in occupied Michigan again, I'm back to having a lack of rights and pro freedom cops to back me. I think I might have to get a CPL. Driving while unarmed is pissing me off.

Michigander

imported post

Biggest and best reason was more money working for my brother than anyone in AZ ever offered me. Also so I could take it easy on my busted up leg and try to help it heal (easier work with my brother), and get ASE certified in the mean time. Plus we're sharing a house, so my rent just got chopped down by 2/3.

I'll be back though, and if possible I'd like to live in Prescott instead of the valley when I return. Arizona is great, but I've really had my fill of the valley.

impulse

imported post

$120 for 1/2 pound? Good weed goes for $120 1/4 ounce. Wow, she must be smoking some dirt weed.

Michigander

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Come on up to Preskit, pardner! We need more OCers here!!!!
I need to get some more certifications and licenses and things first. Building trades are getting slow everywhere, and aren't exactly a way to make a huge profit over there in Prescott. My plan as it stands now is to get some ASE certs, and between that and my construction certs hopefully do pretty well there. It's gonna take a year or so for me to be ready for the move, assuming everything goes well. But if possible, I damn well am gonna move there.

protector84

imported post

It sure would be tempting when picking up the two bales of weed to report the ONE bale you found but conveniently forget about the other one that just happened to get stashed away before the deputies arrive. :)

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

protector84 wrote:
It sure would be tempting when picking up the two bales of weed to report the ONE bale you found but conveniently forget about the other one that just happened to get stashed away before the deputies arrive. :)

But that would make him a CRIMINAL... and none of us want a criminal with a gun!

JoeSparky

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I thought that was a bit low... in that case... I was sittin' onna small fortune. $220,800.00! I don't smoke weed... or do drugs period. 'Never have. OK... I drink beer... coffee 'n smoke.

I could'a paid off the house with that. :(