Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Million Gun Owner March

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...&f=137&t=785242

We could get a rally together, even if it's severalthousand people, in several major cities. If anyone knows an NRA official, or just wants to write their local ones, I think the NRA could be the best organizer, as well as GOA, JPFO and several others. If enough noise is made, and people show enough support, the funding will come. I've already sent emails, and I will be making phone calls.

Also, there are some folks on this board who bash the NRA every time they get a chance. I also notice they never have ANYTHING positive to contribute to a conversation. Please don't post that BS here, just go back to burying your guns, andb!tch somewhere else. We need productivity on this, not discouragement. Sending a couple emails to these organisations, and making some phone calls can not hurt. Look how much good this one little site has done for gun rights, they do it with a positive attitude, and they don't even exclude the bed wetting obama trolls.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

Sounds like a great idea. I can't, however, get the link to work. it may be blocked because I'm on the ship.

Post imported post

I have the same problem on any ".mil" system.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

Nope, not just .mil, I can't see it either. The link is missing some crucial stuff between /topic.ht and &f=

Post imported post

After the holiday season would be best. Day after MLK day, the Monday holiday, would be convenient.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Count me in. Name the time and place.

Post imported post

I don't even know how to go about planning something that large scale. How would you get the word out to the largest audience? I doubt a couple of weblogs would be sufficient. I mean, how many signatures does the Texas petition have, and how long did it take to get that many? It's also easy to sign a petition online vs traveling to DC to march in person. I'm not trying to be negative, but with Obama in office so soon, we don't have a lot of time to organize something so grandiose.

Post imported post

Looks like the idea is well underway in other places as well. Just a matter of getting everyone together...

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/2271001441

Post imported post

I caution against using a name like "Million xxxx march" That phrase has been so overdone by groups that couldn't even come close to a million members appearing. It just makes an organization or cause into a joke when less than a million people show up. It sets the stage for a good turnout to be seen as a failure. And a poor to fair turnout makes the cause look like no one cares.

Post imported post

While it's still available, because nObama and his ilk want to shut it down, talk radio ie Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mike Reagan, Laura Ingraham, and GunTalk would be good forums to announce it. But it has to happen soon. If the Obama zombies get control of the airwaves then it's sunk. And it should NOT be called *Million* nothing it just might be better if it were called 2nd Amendment support or something of that nature.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

dt

Banned

Post imported post

Government regulation of the airwaves is fait accompli. We do not see organizations advocating freedom of the airwaves.

We do have such as the EFF and legions of hackers to protect the commons of the Internet from a willing Obaminable tyrant.

I can't speak for the others but SLimbaugh is a capitalist and Repugnicrat only and not a conservative but in name only.

Post imported post

Day after MLK Day. Arlington VA. Handguns, shotguns and rifles.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

So how do you pull something like this off?

Things to think of first
    • Pick a staging area.
      • Parking
      • Proximity to start/destination
      • Ownership of property
    • Transportation:
      • Will you need to transport people from out of the are to participate?
      • Can you raise the funding to provide the proper transportation?
      • How much will it cost and how long will it take.
      • How likely is it that traffic might slow the arrival?
    • Permits
      • Check with the local authorities and get the proper permits according to the number of people you intend on organizing.
    • Food/beverages
      • Some provision should be made or at least the event communicated to area vendors so that the marchers will have adequate access to food and beverage.
    • Signs and other:
      • Make sure your slogans and other materials such as signs, buttons and banners are properly done and not hurting you instead of hurting you.
      • Negotiate with a local shop that might either work in the area you intend to march...hopefully they are pro 2A?
    • Media
      • Make sure to have a properly prepared press release announcing all the important information. Who? What? Where? When? Why?
    • Public Relations
      • Have people to answer questions to people while marching. Prepare them for questions like "Why are you marching?"
      • How are you going to get the word out to potential marchers? Boards? E-mail? Text message?
    • Medical & Health
      • Be sure to have arranged medical care in case. Heat stroke and other things can occur on long marches.
    • Weather & Conditions
      • Have plans for what to do if it rains, extra planning if it is especially hot those days. Having plans for these should help eliminate panic from the last minute changes.
    I may have missed some things...The important thing it to have enough funding, time, and organization. If you don't have a good support crew and communications you could all too easily fail.

Post imported post

Baradium wrote:
    I caution against using a name like "Million xxxx march" That phrase has been so overdone by groups that couldn't even come close to a million members appearing. It just makes an organization or cause into a joke when less than a million people show up. It sets the stage for a good turnout to be seen as a failure. And a poor to fair turnout makes the cause look like no one cares.
    I agree completely. Besides, it is the LIBERALS who are void of original ideas, so they copy conservative ideas and try to claim authorship.

Example: Sean Hannity's radio program ends with "Five Seconds Only", a means for last minute callers to get in a quick point.

So Alan Colmes now has a radio program, and if you can ever stomach listening to it, you'll see that he follows Hannity's program format almost to the letter, and he ends HIS program with, "One Sentence Only." Talk about not having anything original to offer!

I'll do my best to participate in anything that furthers our cause, as long as we are not following the examples set by the brain dead liberals.

NO "Million (anything) march!"

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    So how do you pull something like this off?
    [snipped for space]
    Things to think of firstI may have missed some things...The important thing it to have enough funding, time, and organization. If you don't have a good support crew and communications you could all too easily fail.
    Very good points Theseus. I've also been giving this some thought, and I have a concern with some other issues.

1. What is our actual purpose? Are we going there for show, visibililty? Or do we intend to 'demand' something of our government? I think this march needs a concise and well-defined focus.
    2. Do we intend to go fully armed? I think to do otherwise would make us a laughing stock. So assuming 'yes':
    3. We are all aware of DC's anti-gun bent. A show of arms would technically put us all at risk of arrest and confiscation of our arms. Therefore, we would need to either all show up at once (impossible), or in such large numbers as groups that it would be nearly impossible for the DC police to effect mass arrests. Which means:
    4. We need an approximate count of how many sworn law-enforcement personnel (DC and federal) are assigned to the District, and potentially, how many LE are available from surrounding Maryland and Northern Virginia that could be tasked on a mutual aid request.
    5. I can see all the anti-gun, panty-wetters, blowing this into a "hostile action" against the government kind of thing. They may go so far as to claim we are attempting to overthrow the government by force. This may lead us to a very tense and potentially volitile situation.
    6. As such, I think we need very clear rules of engagement.

Post imported post

Old towne Arlington is cowboy territory. D.C., just a few paces away is indian territory. Everything is legalin cowboy country. There are several small bridges going in to D.C. Lots of ability to exercise our rights and to cross over with or without firearms to protest. (Flap holsters would be very beneficial for this purpose.)

Post imported post

Everyone has made good points. I have no skills or experience whatever in regards to such endeavors. I've never even been to a real protest. Seems to me most of the people who have time to protest are either unemployed moonbats, or theleft wing fundedorganizers.

That's why I suggest the involvement of groups that have the funds, and better ability to get the word out. The NRA, GOA, JFPO should be able to get this done. I think that if a lot of people made phone calls and rattled some cages it would get the ball rolling.

I think this is a really good idea, and I wanted to spread the word when I saw it. It really doesn't matter what it's called. If La Raza can make headlines with a few hundred protesters in a handful of cities, we should EASILY be able to muster SOME sort of event that gets attention. Especially from bed wetting liberal journalists and facsist politicians, but also from lethargic gun owners content to see other people's guns get banned, with the mistaken (idiotic)belief that their hunting (sniper) rifle and shotgun (street sweeper) are safe.

Post imported post

PrayingForWar - I completely agree with the spirit of the proposed demonstration. I hope you do not misconstrue my concerns as attempting to belittle the idea.

Like you, I've never participated in a public demonstration either. I guess that means we've both been gainfully employed all these years ;-)

I do not think it an impossible task for us "amatuers" to organize one, but I certainly think we could benefit from the experience of thosewho have organized public demonstrations previously. Given the type of issues public demonstrations are normally organized over however,.... I'm not sure we could find a 'kindred spirit', so to speak, that might be empathetic with our cause.

I'm of the impression that one needs to apply for a 'permit' fromDC to exercise their right to peacful assembly. Anybody know if that's true?

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    I have the same problem on any ".mil" system.
    I'm sitting at an NMCI computer right now. The full link doesn't work but www.ar15.com works. We(NMCI) are NOT blocking the site.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think you worry too much about something that should not be worried. Civil disobedience. We can march and they can arrest us. . . As long as the group is large enough I doubt they will do anything more than that.

UNLESS there are some real criminals amongst us.

Banned

Post imported post

Armed wrote:
    I'm of the impression that one needs to apply for a 'permit' fromDC to exercise their right to peacful assembly. Anybody know if that's true?

Post imported post

The other option is a "La Raza" style march at several cities at once. I think a few thousand people armed only with signs would get plenty of attention.

Especially if the signs say "Next time we're bringing our guns!!"

Post imported post

Glenn Beck would cover this. He's the only national talk show host that openly endorses the 2nd amendment and carrying at schools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast