• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Million Gun Owner March

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Everyone has made good points. I have no skills or experience whatever in regards to such endeavors. I've never even been to a real protest. Seems to me most of the people who have time to protest are either unemployed moonbats, or theleft wing fundedorganizers.:cuss:

That's why I suggest the involvement of groups that have the funds, and better ability to get the word out. The NRA, GOA, JFPO should be able to get this done. I think that if a lot of people made phone calls and rattled some cages it would get the ball rolling.

I think this is a really good idea, and I wanted to spread the word when I saw it. It really doesn't matter what it's called. If La Raza can make headlines with a few hundred protesters in a handful of cities, we should EASILY be able to muster SOME sort of event that gets attention. Especially from bed wetting liberal journalists and facsist politicians, but also from lethargic gun owners content to see other people's guns get banned, with the mistaken (idiotic)belief that their hunting (sniper) rifle and shotgun (street sweeper) are safe.:banghead:

Armed

imported post

PrayingForWar - I completely agree with the spirit of the proposed demonstration. I hope you do not misconstrue my concerns as attempting to belittle the idea.

Like you, I've never participated in a public demonstration either. I guess that means we've both been gainfully employed all these years ;-)

I do not think it an impossible task for us "amatuers" to organize one, but I certainly think we could benefit from the experience of thosewho have organized public demonstrations previously. Given the type of issues public demonstrations are normally organized over however,.... I'm not sure we could find a 'kindred spirit', so to speak, that might be empathetic with our cause.

I'm of the impression that one needs to apply for a 'permit' fromDC to exercise their right to peacful assembly. Anybody know if that's true?

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think you worry too much about something that should not be worried. Civil disobedience. We can march and they can arrest us. . . As long as the group is large enough I doubt they will do anything more than that.

UNLESS there are some real criminals amongst us.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The other option is a "La Raza" style march at several cities at once. I think a few thousand people armed only with signs would get plenty of attention.

Especially if the signs say "Next time we're bringing our guns!!"

KansasMustang

imported post

I think if it becomes enough of an issue that almost, if not all the talk show hosts will come on board. Ive heard it brought up on Rush's and Hannity's show and it wasn't discussed at length but also it wasn't dismissed sooo. But the real problem is, try getting through to talk to Rush HA ! I drive a truck and sat on hold for about an hour on my cell phone. Just give it time tho' I think it's going to be a major issue, not only for us,,,, Keep your powder dry.