• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Million Gun Owner March

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...&f=137&t=785242

We could get a rally together, even if it's severalthousand people, in several major cities. If anyone knows an NRA official, or just wants to write their local ones, I think the NRA could be the best organizer, as well as GOA, JPFO and several others. If enough noise is made, and people show enough support, the funding will come. I've already sent emails, and I will be making phone calls.

Also, there are some folks on this board who bash the NRA every time they get a chance. I also notice they never have ANYTHING positive to contribute to a conversation. Please don't post that BS here, just go back to burying your guns, andb!tch somewhere else. We need productivity on this, not discouragement. Sending a couple emails to these organisations, and making some phone calls can not hurt. Look how much good this one little site has done for gun rights, they do it with a positive attitude, and they don't even exclude the bed wetting obama trolls.

Squid13

imported post

Sounds like a great idea. I can't, however, get the link to work. it may be blocked because I'm on the ship.

Daddyo

imported post

Nope, not just .mil, I can't see it either. The link is missing some crucial stuff between /topic.ht and &f=

Squid13

imported post

I don't even know how to go about planning something that large scale. How would you get the word out to the largest audience? I doubt a couple of weblogs would be sufficient. I mean, how many signatures does the Texas petition have, and how long did it take to get that many? It's also easy to sign a petition online vs traveling to DC to march in person. I'm not trying to be negative, but with Obama in office so soon, we don't have a lot of time to organize something so grandiose.

imported post

If anyone wants to waste their time/effort contacting the NRA (negotiate rights away), by all means, go for it. Knowing/reporting the truth about the NRA's almost treasonous stand on the 2nd amendment is not "bashing," but "truthing."
Something positive to say? Yes, I do have something positive to say.
I'm positive the NRA would never involve itself in such a venture. They're really not interested in eliminating the problem, as to do so would put themselves out of business. Can you (still) not see that?
During the recent campaign, there were some folk who had hoped Dr. Paul would have made the 2nd amendment more of an issue. While he did/does support the 2nd amendment, it was relegated to the back of the bus.
REAL change is going to have to originate at the bottom: us.
I can't think of a single person with any semblance of name recognition on a national level spearheading such a move. Can you?
As the old saying goes, if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

Baradium

imported post

I caution against using a name like "Million xxxx march" That phrase has been so overdone by groups that couldn't even come close to a million members appearing. It just makes an organization or cause into a joke when less than a million people show up. It sets the stage for a good turnout to be seen as a failure. And a poor to fair turnout makes the cause look like no one cares.

KansasMustang

imported post

While it's still available, because nObama and his ilk want to shut it down, talk radio ie Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mike Reagan, Laura Ingraham, and GunTalk would be good forums to announce it. But it has to happen soon. If the Obama zombies get control of the airwaves then it's sunk. And it should NOT be called *Million* nothing it just might be better if it were called 2nd Amendment support or something of that nature.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Government regulation of the airwaves is fait accompli. We do not see organizations advocating freedom of the airwaves.

We do have such as the EFF and legions of hackers to protect the commons of the Internet from a willing Obaminable tyrant.

I can't speak for the others but SLimbaugh is a capitalist and Repugnicrat only and not a conservative but in name only.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So how do you pull something like this off?

Things to think of first
  • Pick a staging area.
    • Parking
    • Proximity to start/destination
    • Ownership of property
  • Transportation:
    • Will you need to transport people from out of the are to participate?
    • Can you raise the funding to provide the proper transportation?
    • How much will it cost and how long will it take.
    • How likely is it that traffic might slow the arrival?
  • Permits
    • Check with the local authorities and get the proper permits according to the number of people you intend on organizing.
  • Food/beverages
    • Some provision should be made or at least the event communicated to area vendors so that the marchers will have adequate access to food and beverage.
  • Signs and other:
    • Make sure your slogans and other materials such as signs, buttons and banners are properly done and not hurting you instead of hurting you.
    • Negotiate with a local shop that might either work in the area you intend to march...hopefully they are pro 2A?
  • Media
    • Make sure to have a properly prepared press release announcing all the important information. Who? What? Where? When? Why?
  • Public Relations
    • Have people to answer questions to people while marching. Prepare them for questions like "Why are you marching?"
    • How are you going to get the word out to potential marchers? Boards? E-mail? Text message?
  • Medical & Health
    • Be sure to have arranged medical care in case. Heat stroke and other things can occur on long marches.
  • Weather & Conditions
    • Have plans for what to do if it rains, extra planning if it is especially hot those days. Having plans for these should help eliminate panic from the last minute changes.
I may have missed some things...The important thing it to have enough funding, time, and organization. If you don't have a good support crew and communications you could all too easily fail.

gravedigger

imported post

Baradium wrote:
I caution against using a name like "Million xxxx march" That phrase has been so overdone by groups that couldn't even come close to a million members appearing. It just makes an organization or cause into a joke when less than a million people show up. It sets the stage for a good turnout to be seen as a failure. And a poor to fair turnout makes the cause look like no one cares.
I agree completely. Besides, it is the LIBERALS who are void of original ideas, so they copy conservative ideas and try to claim authorship.

Example: Sean Hannity's radio program ends with "Five Seconds Only", a means for last minute callers to get in a quick point.

So Alan Colmes now has a radio program, and if you can ever stomach listening to it, you'll see that he follows Hannity's program format almost to the letter, and he ends HIS program with, "One Sentence Only." Talk about not having anything original to offer!

I'll do my best to participate in anything that furthers our cause, as long as we are not following the examples set by the brain dead liberals.

NO "Million (anything) march!"

Armed

imported post

Theseus wrote:
So how do you pull something like this off?
[snipped for space]
Things to think of firstI may have missed some things...The important thing it to have enough funding, time, and organization. If you don't have a good support crew and communications you could all too easily fail.

Very good points Theseus. I've also been giving this some thought, and I have a concern with some other issues.

1. What is our actual purpose? Are we going there for show, visibililty? Or do we intend to 'demand' something of our government? I think this march needs a concise and well-defined focus.
  2. Do we intend to go fully armed? I think to do otherwise would make us a laughing stock. So assuming 'yes':
  3. We are all aware of DC's anti-gun bent. A show of arms would technically put us all at risk of arrest and confiscation of our arms. Therefore, we would need to either all show up at once (impossible), or in such large numbers as groups that it would be nearly impossible for the DC police to effect mass arrests. Which means:
  4. We need an approximate count of how many sworn law-enforcement personnel (DC and federal) are assigned to the District, and potentially, how many LE are available from surrounding Maryland and Northern Virginia that could be tasked on a mutual aid request.
  5. I can see all the anti-gun, panty-wetters, blowing this into a "hostile action" against the government kind of thing. They may go so far as to claim we are attempting to overthrow the government by force. This may lead us to a very tense and potentially volitile situation.
  6. As such, I think we need very clear rules of engagement.

Thundar

imported post

Old towne Arlington is cowboy territory. D.C., just a few paces away is indian territory. Everything is legalin cowboy country. There are several small bridges going in to D.C. Lots of ability to exercise our rights and to cross over with or without firearms to protest. (Flap holsters would be very beneficial for this purpose.)