Thread: Not a Dime Campaign

Post imported post

It is obvious we as gun owners need to do something drastic and visible these days to stand up for our rights. I just thought of a way we can do that, and guess what, it's free!!!!

How would you like to make a strong public statement that actually saves you money? I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now. Know what colleges do with their graduates? Hit them up for money. ALL THE FREAKING TIME. My wife gets calls at least every other month. Ever contributed? I bet at least once you've felt a little pride in your alma mater and a little empathy for the student telemarketer/fundraiser on the other side of the phone and shelled out some money to up their average. Or you wanted your name on a brick, or if you've been really successful, a statue in front of a building and/or the building itself. I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know that colleges have long been a major nexus of the left and not so coincidentally the anti gun movement. Wanna change that? Next time that phone rings or that letter comes in the mail, tell them if they want a dime from you then they need to drop their anti gun policy, adopt campus carry, and kick out any presence of anti 2A organizations. They may be up in their ivory tower, but the sound of empty change jars sounds like a jet engine up against their ear. No guns = not a cent from us. No amount of brainwashing is so strong they can ignore that.

Your thoughts?

Post imported post

Sounds good, wish I could help. Didn't go to college.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

I graduated from a tech school, so no dice here.

Post imported post

I'm a truck driver. Sorry, no education here.

Post imported post

Won't work for my college. Each dorm room has 2 @ M-1 Garands in it. The school is not a gun free zone.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

There has been some talk (I thought on this site, but don't have time to research right this minute) of "No guns, no funds".

Last time my school hit me up, I replied with a quote from their regulation in which they ban any type of firearm, and simply said "No guns, no funds."

They haven't stopped sending requests, though; got another this week that I haven't answered yet.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Sorry, barely graduated High School...can't help...I'll talk to those I know that did go to college and see what we can do on that front.

Post imported post

I take it that the OP did not go to college and is not an alumni so maybe does not understand the loyalty that some may have. The college I graduated until they remodeled the older dorms still had the gun racks in them from when it was a military school. My college was second in the number of graduate officers killed during WWII of any school in the nation other than the Academies. The football stadium is named for the graduateswho gave their lives in battle. It still has a very active ROTC program and provides full military training including the firing of WEAPONS where I was one of those receiving the training.

There are many reasons to give or not to give to a school, college or anyone/anything else. There is nothing wrong with your proposal but from my reading of this board I think you are wrong about most people on here graduating or attending college. It may be a good survey for someone to do.

Post imported post

You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

AARP is also anti gun, for you older folks.

Post imported post

During the 2004 presidential election the Student Senateof UNR brought in Michael Moore to address the student body. When challenged as to why they didn't also invite a conservative speaker (several replied that they would come anytime) they always had an excuse.

At first it was "there isn't enough student interest", then it was "none were available during times that could be scheduled", then "we can do what we want and there is nothing you can do about it", then "you can't blackmail us with threats to pull financial backing" then finally "how dare you refuse to give us money just because we won't do what you want".

One of their alumni who was a major contributor said no more money as long as they showed this kind of bias. They didn't change their ways at the time, but he saved a lot of money.

Funny thing is, most of what he was telling these kids would happen if Bush was re-elected four years ago never happened, yet people still believe that he was telling the truth.

Post imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings!
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the **** outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...

Post imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
    Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the @#$% outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...
    Yeah, wait until 2012 or (heavens forbid) 2016 when Obama pullsa Bloomberg on us.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Chaingun81 wrote:
    Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the @#$% outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...
    Yeah, wait until 2012 or (heavens forbid) 2016 when Obama pullsa Bloomberg on us.
    Wonder what gave him an idea...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...4/russia-putin

Post imported post

So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy.
    Multiply the dues by the number of members and they can afford to buy a lot of lobbyists.

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:

My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings!
    Not to me. Principles are worth more than a small discount on anything. I could never put a price on my freedom.

Banned

Post imported post

BillMCyrus wrote:
    I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now.

You ventured wrong. Although, after reading through the thread I think it goes without saying.

I think the intention is good, but the effect just isn't there. I think it wouldn't amount to much more than those national "don't buy gas" days.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    BillMCyrus wrote:
    I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now.

You ventured wrong. Although, after reading through the thread I think it goes without saying.

I think the intention is good, but the effect just isn't there. I think it wouldn't amount to much more than those national "don't buy gas" days.
    Again, your hipocrisy knows no bounds. How can one make such a strong opinion...?

Sound familiar?

Where is your proof that he ventured wrong?
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Banned

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    Again, your hipocrisy knows no bounds. How can one make such a strong opinion...?

Sound familiar?

Right here. In this thread. You're on the same board as me, correct? Open your eyes maybe?

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Flintlock wrote:

Sound familiar?

Right here. In this thread. You're on the same board as me, correct? Open your eyes maybe?
    LOL, you base that opinion off a thread that contains three or four individuals without acollege education. In case you weren't aware, this is a board of thousands...

Or were you trying to suggest that I am not college educated?

What would your point be anyway? Why are you making the attempt to ridicule the members of this board and write in such a condescending manner as it appears you like doing so often?

Does one have to be a progressive, Obama apologist in order to be considered "educated." I have noticed that you don't ridicule the few that agree with you.

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Please, gentlemen -- I respectfully request you refrain from attacking each other in public and remain on topic?

Thank you.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Please, gentlemen -- I respectfully request you refrain from attacking each other in public and remain on topic?

Thank you.
    My apologies, Tess. I am just responding to his numerousblantantcriticisms of others on the board. If I stopped, it would be nice if he would as well.

You are quite right though, we should not engage in petty bickering on the forum. If AWDstylez wishes to continue our discussions, perhaps we can do so over PM.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:

Just got back from Hong Kong a month ago. I bought 3 pairs of glasses 1 of them prescription sunglasses for....You guessed it $200! 3 pairs! The same anti-glare, scratch resistance. . .

I think there is more of an issue. . . Now I know it is off topic, but that is a large difference.

As for the rest of this...how about organizing a gun club in your local high school? I am working on doing that very thing in my local area. I am hoping to get full private funding so that the district can't shut it down because of funding...

Banned

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    2a4all wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:

Just got back from Hong Kong a month ago. I bought 3 pairs of glasses 1 of them prescription sunglasses for....You guessed it $200! 3 pairs! The same anti-glare, scratch resistance. . .

I think there is more of an issue. . . Now I know it is off topic, but that is a large difference.

As for the rest of this...how about organizing a gun club in your local high school? I am working on doing that very thing in my local area. I am hoping to get full private funding so that the district can't shut it down because of funding...

There used to be a few schools in my area with shooting teams. A couple even had indoor ranges at the school. Needless to say they all magically disappeared after Columbine, but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck starting one if your area. Maybe see if you can get your foot in the door with an air rifle team. They scare the sheeple less.

Post imported post

I was on the rifle team at my High School many many years ago.

I will follow the "no guns- no funds" policy when I get asked from my college.

Funny thing: Because I'm in Grad school at the same college as undergrad, they haven't asked me for money yet. They are still taking it.