• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not a Dime Campaign

BillMCyrus

imported post

It is obvious we as gun owners need to do something drastic and visible these days to stand up for our rights. I just thought of a way we can do that, and guess what, it's free!!!!

How would you like to make a strong public statement that actually saves you money? I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now. Know what colleges do with their graduates? Hit them up for money. ALL THE FREAKING TIME. My wife gets calls at least every other month. Ever contributed? I bet at least once you've felt a little pride in your alma mater and a little empathy for the student telemarketer/fundraiser on the other side of the phone and shelled out some money to up their average. Or you wanted your name on a brick, or if you've been really successful, a statue in front of a building and/or the building itself. I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know that colleges have long been a major nexus of the left and not so coincidentally the anti gun movement. Wanna change that? Next time that phone rings or that letter comes in the mail, tell them if they want a dime from you then they need to drop their anti gun policy, adopt campus carry, and kick out any presence of anti 2A organizations. They may be up in their ivory tower, but the sound of empty change jars sounds like a jet engine up against their ear. No guns = not a cent from us. No amount of brainwashing is so strong they can ignore that.

Your thoughts?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There has been some talk (I thought on this site, but don't have time to research right this minute) of "No guns, no funds".

Last time my school hit me up, I replied with a quote from their regulation in which they ban any type of firearm, and simply said "No guns, no funds."

They haven't stopped sending requests, though; got another this week that I haven't answered yet.

PT111

imported post

I take it that the OP did not go to college and is not an alumni so maybe does not understand the loyalty that some may have. The college I graduated until they remodeled the older dorms still had the gun racks in them from when it was a military school. My college was second in the number of graduate officers killed during WWII of any school in the nation other than the Academies. The football stadium is named for the graduateswho gave their lives in battle. It still has a very active ROTC program and provides full military training including the firing of WEAPONS where I was one of those receiving the training.

There are many reasons to give or not to give to a school, college or anyone/anything else. There is nothing wrong with your proposal but from my reading of this board I think you are wrong about most people on here graduating or attending college. It may be a good survey for someone to do.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

AARP is also anti gun, for you older folks.

Gordie

imported post

During the 2004 presidential election the Student Senateof UNR brought in Michael Moore to address the student body. When challenged as to why they didn't also invite a conservative speaker (several replied that they would come anytime) they always had an excuse.

At first it was "there isn't enough student interest", then it was "none were available during times that could be scheduled", then "we can do what we want and there is nothing you can do about it", then "you can't blackmail us with threats to pull financial backing" then finally "how dare you refuse to give us money just because we won't do what you want".

One of their alumni who was a major contributor said no more money as long as they showed this kind of bias. They didn't change their ways at the time, but he saved a lot of money.

Funny thing is, most of what he was telling these kids would happen if Bush was re-elected four years ago never happened, yet people still believe that he was telling the truth.

2a4all

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings! :cool:

Chaingun81

imported post

Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the shit outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the @#$% outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...
Yeah, wait until 2012 or (heavens forbid) 2016 when Obama pullsa Bloomberg on us.

Chaingun81

imported post

Tess wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:
Sorry, i went toUniversity in Russia, so wouldn't work. Plus, they never ask me for money anyway - we Russians are pretty conservative and don't donate for a "noble cause to make the world a better place" - 70 years of communism taught us not to believe anyone... Speaking of which, Obama's rise to power, excitement amoung youg people and media contract-killing the opposition reminds me A LOT of Putin's rise back in 2000...which scares the @#$% outta me. Putin turned out to be a tick which you just cannot get out...
Yeah, wait until 2012 or (heavens forbid) 2016 when Obama pullsa Bloomberg on us.

Wonder what gave him an idea...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/14/russia-putin

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2a4all wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:

My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings! :cool:
Not to me. Principles are worth more than a small discount on anything. I could never put a price on my freedom.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

BillMCyrus wrote:
I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now.

You ventured wrong. Although, after reading through the thread I think it goes without saying.

I think the intention is good, but the effect just isn't there. I think it wouldn't amount to much more than those national "don't buy gas" days.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
BillMCyrus wrote:
I'd venture to say most people reading this board graduated from college or are in one right now.

You ventured wrong. Although, after reading through the thread I think it goes without saying.

I think the intention is good, but the effect just isn't there. I think it wouldn't amount to much more than those national "don't buy gas" days.

Again, your hipocrisy knows no bounds. How can one make such a strong opinion...?

Sound familiar?

Where is your proof that he ventured wrong?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Again, your hipocrisy knows no bounds. How can one make such a strong opinion...?

Sound familiar?

Right here. In this thread. You're on the same board as me, correct? Open your eyes maybe?

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Flintlock wrote:

Sound familiar?

Right here. In this thread. You're on the same board as me, correct? Open your eyes maybe?

LOL, you base that opinion off a thread that contains three or four individuals without acollege education. In case you weren't aware, this is a board of thousands...

Or were you trying to suggest that I am not college educated?

What would your point be anyway? Why are you making the attempt to ridicule the members of this board and write in such a condescending manner as it appears you like doing so often?

Does one have to be a progressive, Obama apologist in order to be considered "educated." I have noticed that you don't ridicule the few that agree with you.