• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting ranges

zoom6zoom

imported post

They need to do some confirmation of their list.... Shooters Paradise is listed, posted 8/08, long after it closed. Makes me wonder about the accuracy of the rest of the list.

2a4all

imported post

Regarding using the shooting range at the Chickahominy Wildlife Management Area, it is a violation of DGIF rules to carry a loaded concealed handgun while driving on any WMA property!

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/wmarules.pdf

The following is an excerpt from the above link.
Firearms

It is unlawful to have in possession or in a vehicle a bow or gun which is not
unloaded and cased or dismantled except when it is lawful to take bear,
deer, grouse, pheasants, quail, rabbit, raccoon, squirrel or turkey; and additionally,
migratory game birds on Department owned lands east of the Blue Ridge; or by permit issued by the Department; or by concealed handgun permit issued by a Circuit Court.

It is unlawful to possess or transport a loaded gun in or on any vehicle at any time on a WMA.

Target shooting is permitted on designated ranges only.
I spoke with the game warden at the Charles City County office (804-829-6580), and was told that I must unload my handgun at the property line before driving onto the WMA. Once I reach the shooting range, I would be free to reload after I stepped out of my vehicle. Alternatively, I could park at the entrance and walk anywhere with my loaded concealed handgun