Thread: HK P7....Finally

Post imported post

I have wanted an HK P7 for as long as I can remember and I finally found one in a condition I was willing to accecpt (looks unfired) for a reasonable price. This is definatly my new carry gun. There is a problem however. Due tothe rarity of the gun, it is proving very difficult to find a holster with a retention system for less than $150. Any suggestions?

Post imported post

Get one custom made, should run you about $151. Welcome to the elite club of HK owners.

Post imported post

I always carry mine in my back pocket where my wallet would usually go, have never lost it or even had a near loss, hid in plain sight so to speak. great choice in firearm, I carry mine almost everywhere i go very reliable, and extremely accurate. Did you get the carbon scraper with it?

Post imported post

M8 or M13?

Post imported post

m8 and it came with the original box 2 mags manual and scraper.....appears unfired for...........$825:shock: I couldnt give him the money fast enough

Post imported post

NICE!

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    m8 and it came with the original box 2 mags manual and scraper.....appears unfired for...........$825:shock: I couldnt give him the money fast enough
    An M8 for $825? That's a steal. I paid almost $750 for a PSP and thought I did good.

What kind of retention are you looking for?

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Get one custom made, should run you about $151. Welcome to the elite club of HK owners.
    +1 Welcome to the club. HK, once you're hooked there are no substitutes.

Try the Del Fatti P7 holster, http://www.delfatti.com/

IMO it's the most comfortable P7 carry holster and will significantly reduce holster wear/tear on the pistol. MAKE SURE you know what you're in for as far as preventative maintenance with the P7. Lots of oiling/wiping and a weekly coat of CLP to protect it from corrosion. AWESOME pistol, though the HK USP .40 Tactical is by far my favorite "Koch Piece".

Post imported post

anybody used a don hume holster?

Post imported post

JD wrote:
    sempercarry wrote:
    An M8 for $825? That's a steal. I paid almost $750 for a PSP and thought I did good.

What kind of retention are you looking for?
    Thumb snap...and the guy is a marine moving to another base....I almost felt bad because he needed the money so bad he was willing to take 800 from my buddy but I had 825 on hand so I won the bidding war

Post imported post

P7's look neat. I would like to have one, but to expensive for me right now. Maybe someday. At least I have my USP.
    Congrats on the purchase!

Post imported post

Post imported post

yeah Kramer would be nice but theye are still way expensive.

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    yeah Kramer would be nice but theye are still way expensive.
    The cowhide belt holster is $108. I thought you were working with a budget of $150.

Post imported post

LOL no.... I was bitching and moaning that the holsters were in the hundreds:P

Post imported post

When I got my first handgun, I searched far and wide for the cheapest holster I could find. And then I thought about it. Why am I buying the cheapest holster I can find for a $600 gun (SIG)? It has no retention, flimsy leather, nothing holding the mouth open. How much is my life worth?

I used to be a photographer and chuckled from time to time when friends bought expensive cameras and then sought out the cheapest lenses and filters. "Who puts cheap tires on a Ferrari?" I would ask them.

A good holster will last for a few years and is well worth the price. A $250 holster that lasts only 3 years works out to only $84 per year or less than 23 cents per day. How much is your life worth? IMHO, spring for a decent holster AND a good stiff belt.

Kudos on the deal by the way. I've always admired the HK P7's. Would love to have one myself.

Post imported post

you shouldn't have to spend more than $80 on a good holster. I have a few galco and desantis holsters that are great and have lasted me several years.....never paid more than 70 for any of them. Just because the gun is expensive doesnt mean the holster should be.

State Researcher

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    I have wanted an HK P7 for as long as I can remember and I finally found one in a condition I was willing to accecpt (looks unfired) for a reasonable price. This is definatly my new carry gun. There is a problem however. Due tothe rarity of the gun, it is proving very difficult to find a holster with a retention system for less than $150. Any suggestions?
    Safariland has a few different holster models that should fit the HK P7 (some just say P7, some say P7M8). I didn't check the price on every one, but they should all be under $100. If you call Safariland, I guarantee there will be someone knowledgeable on the other line that can make sure you get the right holster for your weapon.

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6280

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6287

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=328

And here's a link to the 328 with a price of $48.29.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum745.php

Post imported post

thanx so much, looks like im going to get the 328.....dunno why i never looked at safariland

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    anybody used a don hume holster?
    I carry mine is a Don Hume holster........carries nicely!

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    LOL no.... I was bitching and moaning that the holsters were in the hundreds:P
    I don't understand why you guys will spend $800 to $1000 on a handgun but won't spend $100 for a holster to keep it safe.

Post imported post

ended up going with a custommahogany kramer holster. Got a good deal on it because I live 5 minutes away from their hq in tacoma wa. no shipping, 5% off for cash and %10 military discount, holster came out to $89. pictures to come soon.

Post imported post

Just got the holster from Kramer with a matching belt....looks nice.