• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HK P7....Finally

sempercarry

imported post

I have wanted an HK P7 for as long as I can remember and I finally found one in a condition I was willing to accecpt (looks unfired) for a reasonable price. This is definatly my new carry gun. There is a problem however. Due tothe rarity of the gun, it is proving very difficult to find a holster with a retention system for less than $150. Any suggestions?

FE427TP

imported post

I always carry mine in my back pocket where my wallet would usually go, have never lost it or even had a near loss, hid in plain sight so to speak. great choice in firearm, I carry mine almost everywhere i go very reliable, and extremely accurate. Did you get the carbon scraper with it?

sempercarry

imported post

m8 and it came with the original box 2 mags manual and scraper.....appears unfired for...........$825:shock: I couldnt give him the money fast enough

JD

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
m8 and it came with the original box 2 mags manual and scraper.....appears unfired for...........$825:shock: I couldnt give him the money fast enough
An M8 for $825? That's a steal. I paid almost $750 for a PSP and thought I did good.

What kind of retention are you looking for?

bluer1

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Get one custom made, should run you about $151. Welcome to the elite club of HK owners.
+1 Welcome to the club. HK, once you're hooked there are no substitutes.

Try the Del Fatti P7 holster, http://www.delfatti.com/

IMO it's the most comfortable P7 carry holster and will significantly reduce holster wear/tear on the pistol. MAKE SURE you know what you're in for as far as preventative maintenance with the P7. Lots of oiling/wiping and a weekly coat of CLP to protect it from corrosion. AWESOME pistol, though the HK USP .40 Tactical is by far my favorite "Koch Piece".

sempercarry

imported post

JD wrote:
sempercarry wrote:
An M8 for $825? That's a steal. I paid almost $750 for a PSP and thought I did good.

What kind of retention are you looking for?
Thumb snap...and the guy is a marine moving to another base....I almost felt bad because he needed the money so bad he was willing to take 800 from my buddy but I had 825 on hand so I won the bidding war

markand

imported post

When I got my first handgun, I searched far and wide for the cheapest holster I could find. And then I thought about it. Why am I buying the cheapest holster I can find for a $600 gun (SIG)? It has no retention, flimsy leather, nothing holding the mouth open. How much is my life worth?

I used to be a photographer and chuckled from time to time when friends bought expensive cameras and then sought out the cheapest lenses and filters. "Who puts cheap tires on a Ferrari?" I would ask them.

A good holster will last for a few years and is well worth the price. A $250 holster that lasts only 3 years works out to only $84 per year or less than 23 cents per day. How much is your life worth? IMHO, spring for a decent holster AND a good stiff belt.

Kudos on the deal by the way. I've always admired the HK P7's. Would love to have one myself.

sempercarry

imported post

you shouldn't have to spend more than $80 on a good holster. I have a few galco and desantis holsters that are great and have lasted me several years.....never paid more than 70 for any of them. Just because the gun is expensive doesnt mean the holster should be.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I have wanted an HK P7 for as long as I can remember and I finally found one in a condition I was willing to accecpt (looks unfired) for a reasonable price. This is definatly my new carry gun. There is a problem however. Due tothe rarity of the gun, it is proving very difficult to find a holster with a retention system for less than $150. Any suggestions?
Safariland has a few different holster models that should fit the HK P7 (some just say P7, some say P7M8). I didn't check the price on every one, but they should all be under $100. If you call Safariland, I guarantee there will be someone knowledgeable on the other line that can make sure you get the right holster for your weapon.

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6280

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6287

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=328

And here's a link to the 328 with a price of $48.29.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum745.php

sempercarry

imported post

thanx so much, looks like im going to get the 328.....dunno why i never looked at safariland