• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner Shoots Next-Door Neighbor During Burglary(my town)

rmodel65

imported post

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18028645/detail.html

serves the man right, breaking into his neighbors house

GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. -- [/b]A Glynn County homeowner frustrated after his house was broken into twice and his vehicle once in recent days shot a 20-year-old next-door neighbor in the process of stealing a rifle from his home, according Glynn County police.Police were called Wednesday morning by James Detloff, 53, who said he shot an intruder in his home on Mitscher Drive. Officers said Detloff reported he left briefly and when he returned he found a young man in his home holding his rifle. Detloff told officers than when the intruder pointed the rifle at him, the homeowner pulled a .32-caliber handgun and fired twice.Detloff said when he went to another room to call 911, the intruder ran out of the house.Police said they found the burglar -- later identified as Roderick Leon Manigault -- at a nearby home. He was transported to Southeast Georgia Regional Medical Center for treatment of two gunshot wounds. He will face charges upon his release from the hospital.A search of Manigault's home -- he lived on Mitscher Drive next to the victim -- turned up stolen property from Detloff, police said.Police said no charges are expected to be filed against Detloff.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Why isn't it "Homeowner Shoots Burglar?" The title, and the word "frustrated" in the beginning will lead people to believe some angry man just shot his neighbor.