• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Challenge Coin pre-orders taken here.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

The only thing that I don't understand, I know how challenge coins work, but what, or how does THIS one work? Or is it just a money making scheme for MOC. :)

WARCHILD

imported post

It's mainly just a collectable. Not any real purpose other than that. I don't think there was any profit involved. Brian had to have a minimum order to get an affordable price. You can check with him for the details.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Well, as pretty as these are, I think they'd make a great item to help MOC get some cash for things the organization might need. But just another idea floating around. ;)

Still, might make a good conversation starter in the right place. :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
The only thing that I don't understand, I know how challenge coins work, but what, or how does THIS one work? Or is it just a money making scheme for MOC. :)

I lost money on it. There was no profit for MOC. In fact the supplier forgot to add tax to the coins when he quoted me, and he ate that, plus he mailed them to me and lost money there as well. He supports OC and is an LEO in the Lansing area. Nice guy.:celebrate

IF we order coins again we now have a Director of Merchandising and she will have to deal with all you guys and gals. We may have a sign up list for a reorders on our upcoming website.

FYI the term challenge coin was started by the military as unit coins were made available to active soldiers, etc. The idea was that if you met a fellow vet you challenged him to a drink. IF he had his coin you bought him a drink if he didn't he bought you a drink. This has expanded to fire and police departments and beyond.

Other than that they are now becoming collectible as many things do. You possess one of only 58 coins made....so far. So hang on to it the price for it may double if no more are made. I know there are a few people that would pay $25for one right know.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

I lost money on it. There was no profit for MOC. In fact the supplier forgot to add tax to the coins when he quoted me, and he ate that, plus he mailed them to me and lost money there as well. He supports OC and is an LEO in the Lansing area. Nice guy.:celebrate

IF we order coins again we now have a Director of Merchandising and she will have to deal with all you guys and gals. We may have a sign up list for a reorders on our upcoming website.

FYI the term challenge coin was started by the military as unit coins were made available to active soldiers, etc. The idea was that if you met a fellow vet you challenged him to a drink. IF he had his coin you bought him a drink if he didn't he bought you a drink. This has expanded to fire and police departments and beyond.

Other than that they are now becoming collectible as many things do. You possess one of only 58 coins made....so far. So hang on to it the price for it may double if no more are made. I know there are a few people that would pay $25for one right know.
Damn, sorry you and the supplier lost money. That part sucks. I'd have come up with the actual cost. In fact, I still can. If you want, you can PM me what I should have paid, and I'll pay the difference.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

Damn, sorry you and the supplier lost money. That part sucks. I'd have come up with the actual cost. In fact, I still can. If you want, you can PM me what I should have paid, and I'll pay the difference.
Not necessary, live and learn. Next time though look out.